Over calorie limit. What do I eat?

Options
124»

Replies

• pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I've seen this type of thing before and my reply is still the same.........Ice Cubes!
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are getting enough sleep. When sleep deprived, I go way over my calories b/c I constantly feel hungry, crave sugary and carb loaded foods, and have zero will power when it comes to food choices. I find it much easier to pass on those foods when I'm well rested. Good luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth, so the easiest thing to get my cravings under control was I got rid of all the sweet and junk from my house. I also eat a diet high in protein and healthy fats, so I don't get hungry quick. May need to clean the house out, and ever so often if you are on the road and have a craving get it on the road, but not a lot where you have left overs to bring home. Eat it then and there, obviously don't by 6 snickers and go buck wild.

The cravings do get less. I always see people type that on MFP, and I always thought they were full of crap, because my cravings were so bad, but not having them in the house and going weeks at a time without, does make the cravings less.

Going over your calories by 1000 more than once a week, ins't good, and takes a lot of self control, which I didn't have, so emptying the house was the best way for me

Good luck :)
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Are the few days where you logged representative of normal days?

I couldn't see a single home cooked meal? Did I miss them somewhere? All I could see was a load of KFC, biscuits etc? What does your husband eat? What do your kids eat?

The reason you can't make your calories last is because you just snack all the time rather than have meals and the snacks are the kind of snacks which are largely full of calories yet void of nutrition.
  • delnnis
    delnnis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A trick that has helped me is to have sweet "100 calories treats" available; that way I keep it under control. You can still have the bad food but in a controlled way. And try to eat more during the day and minimal calories at night. Just think about the next morning you can have that high calorie item or treat or think about how good you will look the next morning if you don't eat it at all! It's better to consume the bulk of your calories before 3:00 pm. Have that in mind because it will help you!
  • SuzyLy
    SuzyLy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Have a half cup of cottage cheese with some fruit in it (peaches, pineapple, etc.). Will satisfy a sweet craving and give you protein to stave off hunger.
This discussion has been closed.