Not losing, not sure why?

Options
I've been on this site before, and before that I was on another very similar calorie tracking site. I've always lost weight doing this and I trust the process. I eat a little bit of everything, and I'm working on getting in more fruits and vegetables. I exercise at least 5 days a week by running and doing circuit training with a workout DVD (Ripped in 30).

But now that I've joined the site again and am doing basically the EXACT SAME THING that I did all the other times I lost weight, the number on the scale isn't moving. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...I eat 1620 calories a day, so I'm definitely not eating too little, and I eat back most of my exercise calories. I use an HRM to make sure the calorie burn number is as accurate as I can get it.

I know that this is a slow process and there will be bad weeks, but it's been two weeks since I started this again and I thought I would have lost at LEAST one pound. Isn't weight loss usually kind of fast in the first few weeks because you have more to lose and you're getting rid of water weight from excess sodium and such? That's been my experience the other two times I did this.

I guess my point is I'm out of ideas on what else I can do. I listen to the advice on here and try to follow it to the best of my ability, and this is the first time I've stalled like this. Any suggestions you guys have would be greatly appreciated. :)

ETA: Forgot one VERY IMPORTANT factor -- I am also taking anti-depressants, which I was NOT doing the last two times I tried losing weight. Are these pills making it harder to lose?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    you eat 1620 and more when you exercise ? Diary closed so can't check.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food or guesstimating? If you're estimating, you could be over/underestimating your calorie intake.
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food or guesstimating? If you're estimating, you could be over/underestimating your calorie intake.

I've never weighed my food. I used to use a measuring cup for certain things until I learned to be able eyeball the amount I needed. I'm very careful with those estimations, though, and doing that has worked for me in the past.
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    My trainer puts me on a STRICT Adkins diet for 10 days every 3 months to shake things up AND when I hit a plateau. It is a very sad 10 days but it is over quick and seems to do the trick.
  • greymane98
    greymane98 Posts: 29 Member
    Options

I've never weighed my food. I used to use a measuring cup for certain things until I learned to be able eyeball the amount I needed. I'm very careful with those estimations, though, and doing that has worked for me in the past.

Break down and get a scale. That is a must if you are going to be serious about it. Eyeballing just doesn't work and weight tracking is better than trying to judge by volume anyway. Once I started weighing and realizing how far I had been off on my "guesstimates" I had much more success.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You're probably eating too much. I agree, get a scale. It's only $20 and it takes 10 seconds to weigh something before eating it. Also make sure you don't overestimate your calorie burns and eat too many calories back. With 32 lbs to lose, 1620 plus exercise calories might just be too much, to be honest.