knee is tight

Options
the area behind my left knee as well as slightly to the inside is really tight this morning and I'm not sure why. I didn't do anything different or hard this weekend. Can anyone recommend some stretches to help loosen it up some. Please take into account the fact that I'm at work in a cube farm; therefore the most useful stretches would be either sitting or standing ( i might be able to sneak a downward dog without people noticing

Replies

• samgolod
    samgolod Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I get something similar and I normally hold the ankle of my tight knee behind my back while standing on my other foot, which stretches my thigh muscles and seems to help - if I cant get enough of a stretch I pull my leg further back while still trying to keep my torso upright :)
  • judge69
    Options
    hi i wouldn't stretch it too much you may injure/rip/tear muscle especially if it is tight. it would be better to loosen it.
    try this and no laughing while you do it!!
    you stand with feet hip width apart and keeping feet on floor , move left knee in a circle anti-clockwise, then do right knee clockwise.... so you are circling both knees in opposite directions
    it takes a bit of getting used to but it is great for loosening knees and hips
    if you were willing to do a downward dog you won't look any madder doing this!!