The 4 stages of Halloween candy

Options
hsmaldo
hsmaldo Posts: 115 Member
How do you know that Halloween is coming up in 1 1/2 months? Candy starts appearing EVERYWHERE.

I went to the grocery store last night and had to navigate past a HUGE display of candy. It was bigger than my cubicle at work...it was bigger than the ROW of cubicles at my work!!

But it's okay. I had a list and an extreme time constraint, so I was able to rush right by it without a second glance.

But the candy has infiltrated my workplace.

And so it begins...this is what it'll be like until Christmas. Because if candy jars run low, people refill them...and then there's all the candy that people's kids get when they go trick or treating.

These are the 4 stages of Halloween candy:

From now until Halloween, it'll be "the candy that was on sale." (this is the premium, brand name stuff)

The day/week after Halloween, it'll be "the candy that didn't get handed out" and "the candy that was 50-75% off at the store" (a little lower quality, because the good stuff is being held in reserve at their houses)

1-3 weeks after Halloween, it'll be "the candy that I don't want my kids to eat anymore because their teeth have all rotted and fallen out of their heads" (this is the low quality stuff...with the dum dums and the occasional random stick on tattoo mixed in there)

3-6 weeks after Halloween, it'll be "the candy that I don't want to eat because I've gained 20 lbs and now I have to lose some so I can gorge myself on Thanksgiving leftovers" (this is a mix of high and low quality, but you start wondering about the freshness of some of it....because there is also sometimes a random Valentine's day/Easter candy wrapper hiding in the mix.)

It's only been 5 hours and I am already feeling the little quivering of a candy bar craving. Only 6 more weeks to go...42 days...1008 hours...well, 1003 if you subtract the 5 from today...

I'm going to HAVE to figure some way to cope with the 4 stages of Halloween candy...

Good luck to us all....

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Here is what I do, ignore all candy until a day before trick or treating.. buy candy for the kids that do trick or treating.. give away as much of it as possible during the 3 hours they do it.. Left over's I eat immediately until completely gone!!! Then I ignore all candy at work or on sale at stores..

I can't wait...
  • hsmaldo
    hsmaldo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't even buy the candy anymore. We don't ever get kids trick or treating at our house. But I do have 2 kids who like to go trick-or-treating. Not sure what I'll do with all that candy...I think I'll let them keep a small portion and then be "that" person who contributes the candy to the workplace during weeks 1-3...!!
  • TheresaC928
    Options
    I LOVE this post. This is soooo true. God help us all. I am trying to retrain my brain not to eat too much and/or I'll be trying to burn it off 3 times a day. :) The dog will be getting walked a whole lot from now till Christmas