Can't seem to lose more weight

Options
Does anyone have success stories about how they took off the last 10 pounds? It just doesn't seem to want to go. I've been eating mostly Paleo for three months, and feel great (more energy, better digestion). Got down to 149, and have plateaued there for two months. Any suggestons are welcome!

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Took me about a year to lose my last 10lbs, and I did it by eating at about 15-20% off my TDEE, which for me is about 1800-2000 cals a day. I set my goals according to the info in this topic: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13 Great info there.

I also found that measuring and paying attention to ho my clothes fit was better than relying on the scale. For a period of about six months the scale showed me up and down the same 2-3 lbs. But during that time i lost many inches and dropped a full size.

It can be a slow and steady process as you get closer to goal, but it's worth it! Check out the topic and follow the instructions for the tools linked there. Good stuff. You can also read more about my progress on my profile or in my blog (not hard to find the post, I think I only have two blog posts!). :tongue:
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm also close to goal, currently 146, so just 6 to go. I haven't plateaued yet but then I tend to have to good weigh-in's a month and two where I stay the same. On average I only lose 3-4 pounds a month.

Your diary isn't open, so could you tell me how many calories you're eating? Have you tried mixing it up a bit. I find doing the 5/2 approach once and a while (I'll pick two days during the week to fast, 500 calories and then my normal cals for the rest of the week).
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I have about 10 to lose and it is very slow going. So for now, I'm not focusing on the scale so much but inches. Also, I'm focusing more on strength training, adding some muscle.