Android Running Apps with Intervals

Options
I'd like to use the C25K program to get myself back into running again, & would prefer to get an app that I can use longer term/beyond the end of C25K. I've looked at Nike+, Runkeeper, & Runtastic but though my research suggests I should be able to add in interval reminders in these programs, I'm not seeing these options on Android. Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm looking for something that:
*works with the treadmill
*allows me to add in interval reminders without purchasing one of the app's training programs
*allows me to play/stream music
*will monitor my heart rate or allow me to enter in my heart rate (I have a Polar HRM).

I like the idea of Runtastic for the MFP integration, but my main goal is to be able to get reminders when it's time to walk or run.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I like pandora for music and runkeeper to track my runs, I just run them at the same time. I also have a HIIT timer that you can custom input the intervals you want and run that on top of it maybe? I don't know how to put intervals into runkeeper if you even can? As for treadmill with runkeeper you just have to manually enter your workout at the end if you want to track that, but it measures with GPS so if you aren't moving it cant track things.
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options
    I use "Run/walk intervals" to do the intervals. You can set the intervals to whatever you want and it talks to you and vibrates. then I use My Tracks to track the run.

ETA: the icon for the app is blue and orange with a guy running and a guy walking.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Zen Labs makes a free app that takes you through c25k and all the way to a 10k with the intervals - is that maybe what you're looking for? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.c10kforpink&hl=en
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper is great and it does do intervals on the Android. You just have to go in and create a workout. Its super easy to use and for music I just play pandora at the same time as Runkeeper. It also automatically syncs with MFP.
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    bump, I've been looking for something similar
  • krm0789
    krm0789 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who responded. I was finally able to find interval settings in RunKeeper. In case anyone is as dopey as I am, you can add it in for Android under Start > Tap "Workout" > Create New Workout. I put in the intervals for C25K week 1 & will give it a try tonight with music playing in the background. I hope I'm able to leave the app to change my music without issue?