Cinnamon to increase metabolism

Options
I have read somewhere that sprinkling a teaspoon of cinnamon in your coffee or cereal everyday can increase your sugar metabolism for up to 20 times (http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/best_healthy_foods/Cinnamon.php).

This causes an indirect way to lose weight (more cinnamon=less stored sugar=less belly fat). Has anyone tried this before to help with weight reduction?

Replies

• fudgey9090
    fudgey9090 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love cinnamon and I put it in my coffee. I also take a cinnamon supplement. I have been doing this for a year and have not noticed any difference in my weight. Maybe it makes a difference in blood sugar levels, but again, not at a noticeable level.
    Hope this helps.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Things like cinnamon and capcaicin (spicy foods) do have a small measurable effect on the metabolism, but it is so insignificant it's not really worth paying any attention to.
  • shannashannabobana
    Options
    Things like cinnamon and capcaicin (spicy foods) do have a small measurable effect on the metabolism, but it is so insignificant it's not really worth paying any attention to.
    This. I mean, if you love cinnamon (and I do!) go for it, but I don't think it's enough to make a big effort to get it. Especially since the things I love cinnamon with tend to be full of sugar.