WOMEN AND STRETCH MARKS?

Options
hello

I have had stretch marks on my lovehandles , a little on my stomach , and on my breasts
since I started puberty at 11

I have lost 12 pounds but still need to lose about 30-35

I fi lose all this weight will my skin be a loose and flappy?
will I still have ALL THESE DEEP STRECTH MARKS

any body gone through the same thing did you lose the weight? what was the end result you had?

anything helps. thank you

Replies

• init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are mostly scar tissue.
    Do they go away? Not really. They may lessen in intensity.
    They have surgeries of course, but you're trading one scar for another.
    Just think of yourself as a tiger whose earned her stripes. Everyone has them anyway.

Will your skin be flabby? That's partly age, genetics, and bf%, iirc.
  • Lemongrab1
    Lemongrab1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Losing weight won't make you lose stretch marks.
    But if you lose at a slow and steady rate you shouldn't gain any. While 35lbs is a significant amount of weight, it's not so much that you should have saggy skin.
    Moisturise, drink water, don't do crazy fad diets in an effort to drop weight at the speed of light.
    Stretch marks can't disappear, but they can fade. So long as you don't put on or lose weight quickly, you'll be fine.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    They will go silvery and almost not visible at all.

Most people have them so don't be self concious about them.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I use Vitamin E oil and that seems to be helping.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Losing weight won't make you lose stretch marks.
    But if you lose at a slow and steady rate you shouldn't gain any. While 35lbs is a significant amount of weight, it's not so much that you should have saggy skin.
    Moisturise, drink water, don't do crazy fad diets in an effort to drop weight at the speed of light.
    Stretch marks can't disappear, but they can fade. So long as you don't put on or lose weight quickly, you'll be fine.

This I have stretch marks on my stomach and had little bit on my hips from my kids! My kids are now 14 yrs old and 16 yrs old. Mine have faded tremendously! You can't even see the ones on my hips. Moisturize, drink water and have patience they will fade!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    They will fade away eventually. Just use creams in order to avoid future stretch marks.

You can get rid of your current ones if you do chemical peels. At home you can use retinoids and aha peels but its better to have it done firsts by a professional, and later do it at home o safe some money.