Losing the last 15

musicchick
musicchick Posts: 1
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay, I have drastically changed my eating habits and started religiously exercising. I have lost some weight and dropped one dress size but I'm having trouble with the last 15. I have plateaued at my current weight. It seems like the only solution at this point would be to eat nothing or exercise constantly. I know that neither of these options are healthy. Any suggestionsor advice?

Replies

• try to Zig Zag your calories....
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    I feel your pain girl....I have only 13lbs to go and have been at the same weight for over a month.....I just continue doing the right things....I also try to zig zag my calories....I do weight training and my cardio and abs.....I just dont stop, because its better to keep working at it, it will eventually move

Shake up your workout routines a bit too.....Also you may be losing inches, have you measured yourself recently

I get my measurment done in a couple weeks.....after that I plan to change up my weight training routine....instead of using just the machines, will add the cables in the gym which are harder

Goodluck
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Most likely you should eat more not less, but it is hard to tell without knowing the facts.
  • shae123
    shae123 Posts: 26
    If you generally avoid carbs, try throwing some in or protein fat etc. It sounds like your body has adjusted to your routine. Try mixing it up...eat a skinny cow ice cream sandwich and see if the sugar doesnt help :)
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Get that tape measure out! I have just started measuring and am on the same end of this as you. I will plateau for about 3 weeks and then a drop. During the last plateau I did lose inches! The exercise is working! My friend RebelRenny does all veges and fruits for a couple of days to shake things up! She has a one day challenge up if you want to join her!

All the best!
  • I am in the same boat :( I walk 30 miutes in the morning eat 1200-400 calories a day, when I get home from work I do the 30 day shred (it has toned me up but no fat is budging!) then at night I run for 25-30 minutes with my dog. I have been doing this for 2 months and my weight has not budged! Any help would be great I was thinking maybe I do need to take something like slim quick maybe my metabolism is really low and I need something to rev it up. I just feel so stuck.
  • What do you mean zig zag your calories?
  • My suggestion would be to switch up your workouts, your body is probably use to your workouts by now, sometimes you can also go a week and not see any changes in your weight but the week after you could see the weight lose from the week before. The best thing for your last fifteen pounds would be strength training :)
  • amyfly
    amyfly Posts: 137
    Same thing happened to me - it's why I joined MFP! Try adding more strength training/weights and up your protein on the days you do weights - that helped me - now i only have 2 pounds to go til my goal weight. I did the zig zagging thing to - some days I did really intense cardio, others low impact cardio and weights. Zig zagged my calories too - 1500 or 1600 cals one day, 1200 the next. Keeps your body guessing. good luck!
This discussion has been closed.