Making the World a Fatter Place

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Doesn't looking for conspiracies everywhere get exhausting?

There are tons and all she does is copy and paste. Doesn't really require much thought or energy when doing it like that, to be honest.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    What ever happened to PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

sheesh.. i cannot be blamed for Mexicos' population deciding to overeat.

It's not a problem of over eating for most people ( with the equivalent of the hourly minimum wages being -.60 of a US$ and milk, meat and similar goods costing the same or more than in the US) ) but over drinking.
    I can buy a three liter bottle of a soft drink for US$-.80, but water cost way more than that. And you are right, many factors play into this but American people are not to blame. But the Mexican government can be blamed for not providing a system with clean drinking water.
    I am however curious as to what in Mexico uses all that HFCS that supposedly comes into Mexico according to this article. The Mexican soft drink industry is proud of the fact and makes it known that all Mexican soft drinks are made with cane sugar and not with HFCS. Also, I live a 30 million urban area and must say, that while I see of course many overweight people and and also some obese people on a daily basis, I have hardly ever seen people as grotesquely obese as they often appear in the US. I wonder if the statistics make no difference between overweight, severely overweight , obese and mortally obese.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Maybe everyone should stop eating so much goddamn fatty food and blaming it on everyone but themselves. HEAVEN FORBID!

What's wrong with fat? You do know you need that, right? I'm sure what you really meant was overeating in general, not eating food specific foods. :flowerforyou:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Oh, time for this again. Fun!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    609fb6d4.jpg
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I get fat every time I even think about Mexican food so I call BS!

True story. The amount of fat and calories in Mexican food seems to indicate that they are the ones trying to fatten the United States. I think they're trying to make you see what you want to see. The powers that be want you to think that the U.S. is doing this when clearly Mexico is in control of taking over America by way of burrito and nacho chips.
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I actually blame Mexico for making me fat .... I love green chili and refried beans... and don't even talk to me about Al Pastor pork or tres leches cakes...

You are clearly on the payroll of Big Turkey Tail or Big Corn Sugar. :angry:

I'm also in contract works with Big Fast Food. Sometimes I have lunch with Big Gay Al, because I'm fabulous.
  • verymissk
    Options
    I get fat every time I even think about Mexican food so I call BS!

True story. The amount of fat and calories in Mexican food seems to indicate that they are the ones trying to fatten the United States. I think they're trying to make you see what you want to see. The powers that be want you to think that the U.S. is doing this when clearly Mexico is in control of taking over America by way of burrito and nacho chips.

I can eat like 70 tacos al pastor.
  • Minnie2361
    Minnie2361 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Its all about the money just follow the money
    But the focus on promoting unhealthy lifestyles abroad has also increased, ironically, because the United States has succeeded in promoting healthier ones at home. Americans are eating less fast food and ingesting fewer calories than they did a decade ago - a trend that should begin to lower U.S. obesity rates, which have largely plateaued. San Francisco actually tried to ban McDonald's Happy Meals because they target kids with fat and sugar, and this summer Taco Bell announced it is dropping food-toy combos for children altogether. As eating patterns have changed, the food industry has looked to new markets. Take high-fructose corn syrup. U.S. consumption, at around 27 pounds per capita last year, has declined in large part due to mounting concerns that it is an important driver in the obesity epidemic. So American corn producers have looked to export markets to pick up the slack. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, in 2012 the United States exported 1.47 million metric tons of fructose, a 1,450 percent increase from 1995. - See more at: http://mcalesternews.com/features/x1253343348/How-America-is-exporting-its-obesity-epidemic#sthash.tFXCK2s8.dpuf{/quote]
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Do ever reply minnie?
  • verymissk
    Options
    So, what's the draw here? We're trying to fatten up the rest of the world so we can remain a superpower? They'll be too lazy and full of diabeetus to fight? You're crazycakes, OP... nobody cares about these conspiracy theories.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I actually blame Mexico for making me fat .... I love green chili and refried beans... and don't even talk to me about Al Pastor pork or tres leches cakes...

Don't forget about queso, and quacamole.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    28187c1dc40e3ca35da1e79d1382488a241b047a_m.jpg
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Minnie is a great example of why you should stay the **** away from fen-phen
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    sFun_duh2.gif
  • Acg67
    Options
    piratesarecool4.gif
  • verymissk
    Options

Don't forget about queso, and quacamole.

Oh gosh .. how could I forget queso?!
  • Acg67
    Options
    Lemongraph.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Do ever reply minnie?

Only when she wants to tell someone it is past their bed time.
  • Minnie2361
    Minnie2361 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Exporting fat will lead to an increase in scooter sales? below a link to fat people on Walmart scooters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwEGSe_upuQ
This discussion has been closed.