NSV: I can take my wedding ring off!!!

Options
Enic03
Enic03 Posts: 165 Member
But I won't because I am happily married :glasses:

Almost a year ago it clicked that something needed to change. My wedding ring was cutting off circulation to my finger and I cried for 30 minutes while trying to get the thing off in any way possible. It was brutal to know that I couldn't wear my ring until I lost weight. Maybe that was my breaking point on top of everything else.

It's amazing how much fat we can hold within our fingers and I am sure with bad food habits bloating was a problem daily. My ring is getting too loose now that I may need to get it sized smaller! All I know is the only time I will ever grow too big for my ring again will be when we try for children :)

Journey so far: 160-126. Shooting for 115

9b67eb61-be13-4f7c-92b5-faa0c8908a05.jpg

Replies

• lamarnnem
    Options
    Amazing!!! congrats
  • Stephahoney86
    Stephahoney86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look awesome girl!! Congratulations!
  • thedarkwombat
    thedarkwombat Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Some people get weight in certain areas. In your case, your fingers got a little bigger. Good job though!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    haha, well done!
  • tbullucks06
    Options
    You look great girl! Congratulations.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Congrats Girl!!! :drinker:
  • eddiereyeshome
    eddiereyeshome Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue, I haven't been able to wear my ring now for over two years. I finally broke down and bough a cheap ring so I had something to show off that I am married. I have now lost my first ten pounds and not that big ring doesn't fit. I am still to heavy to wear my actual wedding band but I have hope that I can get there!

Thanks for the inspiration and the hope!
  • JulieGirl58
    JulieGirl58 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I can finally slip my ring on and off easily and it feels good.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    congrats! you look fantastic!
  • Enic03
    Enic03 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue, I haven't been able to wear my ring now for over two years. I finally broke down and bough a cheap ring so I had something to show off that I am married. I have now lost my first ten pounds and not that big ring doesn't fit. I am still to heavy to wear my actual wedding band but I have hope that I can get there!

Thanks for the inspiration and the hope!

Great to know other people like showing off they are married just as much as I do. :drinker:
    Congrats on your loss so far, you'll get there!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!