Down 30 lbs, back up 28 - Ready to work

Options
Well, last year I joined MFP and lost 30lbs in 4 months. I was rockin and rollin weight loss. About 4 months in, I got some awful kind of bronchitis and for some reason it totally threw off my groove. I stopped working out and starting eating terribly again, especially when my wife got pregnant. I gained 20lbs during her pregnancy and I wasn't even carrying the baby! :)

Anyhow, as of last week, I have jumped headfirst into weight loss again. I am working out 60 minutes or so per day, hiking 20 minutes, and eating right. I would love to have some MFP friends to motivate me along and also just for the company.

My goal is 6lb per month. I expect to exceed it.

Replies

• rudyryan33
    Options
    30lbs that is awesome!! I'm sure you will be rocking in no time. I find it difficult to stay on track during the weekends, M-F I am very discipline, but the weekends can be tough, any advice? Hope and wish you the best on your quest. Rudy.
  • JustMeee333
    Options
    Expectations ruin everything! ... You can't possibly lose 6lbs a week, every week. So let go of that thought for a start. Any loss is significant. So good luck. :smile:

Rudyryan33: The weekends are the same for me, all i can think to suggest is trying to keep busy. I find I'm usually busier during the week so it's easier to be more disciplined.
  • FeelinChastastic
    Options
    All that matters is that you can admit your "fall off the wagon" and that you're back to correct it! Congratulations and welcome back!

Feel Free to add me!
  • FeelinChastastic
    Options
    Expectations ruin everything! ... You can't possibly lose 6lbs a week, every week. So let go of that thought for a start. Any loss is significant. So good luck. :smile:

Rudyryan33: The weekends are the same for me, all i can think to suggest is trying to keep busy. I find I'm usually busier during the week so it's easier to be more disciplined.

6lbs a week would be incredible, but he wrote 6lbs per Month :)
  • mizzmax
    mizzmax Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Uhm, he said "6 lbs. per month".
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm Lew, teacher, husband, father of two soon to be three... Down 186 in 14 months and anyone is welcome to add me! Have about 30 or so to go... Will reevaluate when I get to 212.5... Half of what I started at... Plan to log here for the next fifty years. My diary is open to friends and I comment all the time...
  • Xbwalker
    Options
    I said 6 per month. Haha. Unless I plan to take up anorexia or go on a hunger strike, I don't expect to lose 6 per week.

• Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!! feel free to add me!
  • Wiltord1982
    Wiltord1982 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm 30, from Quebec Canada. I'm currently losing some weight (10-15 lb) to start weight lifting more seriously. I'm checking what I eat, I run as often as possible and I play competitive soccer twice per week.

Anyone can add me :)
  • init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Good luck, dude! Congrats on the cute baby!
    And I'm glad you have realistic weight loss goals!
  • Xbwalker
    Options
    Thanks! She is 6 weeks old now. Our first. I look forward to sleep...someday.
  • JustMeee333
    Options
    Ooops, sorry. I'll read, read, then read again next time.