Signed up for a Mud Run!

Options
I've always wanted to do it...so I signed up for a mud run at the end of November. My cardio is not that great, so I've been working on that...just wondering what else I should try to master before the big day! I'm thinking a stronger core will get me through the climbing and wading areas, but what else should i do?

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for the tough mudder next year. My major focus areas are gong to be upper body strength and endurance. Weight lifting for the former and long runs, hill sprints and interval training for the latter. You probably want to work on quad strength as well to help with pulling your feet out of the mud (squats are great for this).
  • awlosing30
    awlosing30 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The one Im doing is the Mighty Mud Dash - not as huge as Tough Mudder! Upper body wise, I've just been doing dumbells, maybe I need to start doing more pull ups or jsut increase the weight I'm lifting. I have bad knees, so I worry about the cardio - running. Squats are killer!! Do you know if there's a lot of hanging events? Like rope swinging? I suck at monkey bars!! Yea, I'm scared, but excited!