Finding my 'Weight Loss' twin!

Options
Hola, ladies n' gents. Well.. This is mostly for the ladies, but if the gents have similar measurements & goals, meh. Why not! :bigsmile:

SO! Hello, I'm Meagen & I'm looking to find my weight loss twin. :flowerforyou:

After looking through some photos of people's 'before & after's, I realized 'Woah! I look like that girl's before picture NOW, but it says her weight then was only 165, and I'm 215 - could this be true? Same big tummy, chunky thighs, chubby upper body, face, everything...' I got to thinking... I've always known that everyone is different (the girl I was comparing myself to could have been mega short, for all I know), but I'm trying to find my perfect goal weight AND have a visual of what I might resemble. This particular girl's 'highest point' was 165, and now she weighs 110 - She looks STUNNING. But 110 is not realistic for me; I've been there before and I looked ghastly.

I am 5'3", 215 pounds, 23 years old. I haven't taken my measurements in a while, so we can't go that far.. I'm thinking 145 is good for me, but who knows.

Are you similar? Looking for your twinsies?

Then go forth & addeth me, me lord n' ladies! I look forward to nullifying these stupid stomach pooches & Tyrannosaurus Rex thighs togetha! :drinker:

Replies

• Amaliaoami
    Options
    This is such a good post! I also wan to find my twin (although you and I are kind of similar).

I"m 5'1, 212.7 lbs. Waist is 40.5 inches, hips are 46 inches. I'm planning on posting a fully body pic once a month....trying to work up the nerve for one in a bikini (Fatkini).
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    bump
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty close! 5'4, 21, 216lbs. My big problem is my tummy :tongue:
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'3", currently at 169.8, not sure if you are looking for someone who weigh same as you now but thought I would give info anyway. Also, my goal weight is set at 140 lbs. Feel free to add me.

Good luck on your journey :)
  • l911jnt
    l911jnt Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0, started at 178 now 163 but I am 35 yrs old. waist is 40 inches but don't know the other measurements
  • Patzycakes
    Patzycakes Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Excellent. Where's my twin! I'm 35, 5'8 and 190 lbs.
  • Rav3n1022
    Rav3n1022 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'd Love a twin as well. I am a little heavier then you lol, but I am 5'4" and 233 pounds (started at 243) 43 waist and 47 hips. 24 years old... I too suffer from tyrannosaurus rex thighs lol I've gotta get up to posting a full body pic! lol maybe I'll do it this weekend.
  • xSirensSong
    xSirensSong Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the posts, guys (and the adds)! :blushing: I hope all of you can find your twin to make this journey better & more enjoyable!

As soon as I can get my hands on some bendable tape, I guess I'll go ahead and do measurements, too. :grumble:
    I'm planning on posting a fully body pic once a month....trying to work up the nerve for one in a bikini (Fatkini).

This is such a good idea! I'd LOVE to work up the courage for a 'Fatkini' (lol!!) picture, buuuuuuuuuuuut, I probably wouldn't post them until I reached my goal weight. I think I might be just a wee bit less embarrassed!

What else ya got? Anyone else lookin' for their twin?
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" tall and was 214 when I started actively trying to get healthy. I am now at 165.8 (as of this AM). I am aiming for somewhere in the 125-135 range. I'm older than you though. :smile:
  • mrsmcf
    mrsmcf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    OH! I want a twin too! I am 44 years young, 5' 3" tall and started at 213 lbs. My current weight is 183.4 :) I am wanting to go to 130 lbs. I'm thinking, but we'll see. I'm also on the infancy side of starting to run and LOVE to Zumba. Anyone? Anyone?
  • mabbzie
    mabbzie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've love to find my twin! I'm 23 years old, 5'5" and a half.
    SW: 173.5 lbs
    CW: 147.9 lbs
    GW: 130 lbs

Please feel free to add! Especially if you're close to my stats. :3
  • wertgirlfor
    wertgirlfor Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea. I'm 19, 5'4" and 160lbs with a goal weight of 140. Add me if anyone's close :D
  • leaaa92
    leaaa92 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Ooh I like this! I would like to find my fitness twin too so that we can keep each other motivated! :smile:

I'm 21, 5'3", I weigh 180 lbs and I'm trying to go down to 140 lbs at least because that would be a healthy BMI. I'm also a full-time college student and I have a part-time job. Hoping to do something in the medical field, but unsure what just yet.

Twinsie, I hope you're out there! :flowerforyou: lol
  • estelamdo
    Options
    I'm 18, 5'1" and weight 186 lbs as of Friday. Started on 204lbs, my first goal is getting to 170lbs because I remember I still looked good --- just this time I'll be toned!
    Ooh I like this! I would like to find my fitness twin too so that we can keep each other motivated! :smile:

I'm 21, 5'3", I weigh 180 lbs and I'm trying to go down to 140 lbs at least because that would be a healthy BMI. I'm also a full-time college student and I have a part-time job. Hoping to do something in the medical field, but unsure what just yet.

Twinsie, I hope you're out there! :flowerforyou: lol

Oooh hello there twin! We've even lost about the same amount <3
  • This is a great idea but I'm not really similar to any of you. I'm 5" (super short). Right now I'm 136 lbs, which I know does't sound all that high but because I'm so short it looks really bad on my body. A healthy bmi for me would be somewhere in the low 100 lbs area. So if anyone is aiming for a weight around there as well, lemme know! Even if you're not similar to me you can still add me if you'd like lol. :)
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    im 5'3'', 22 (turning 23 in a week) and right now I weigh 131. I carry a lot of my weight around my midsection so to look the way I want I need to lose more. I want to get to about 120 and then see what happens. maybe from there focus on building muscle.
  • morning_joy
    morning_joy Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I would be close to your twin. I am 46 years old. 5'4" and 227. I want to get down to 140. I love to hike, bike and am learning to run. I workout 5-6 days a week for 1.5 hours. I am looking for someone to push me and wants to be pushed back. I want someone that checks in daily and is truly motivated to make this happen. I lose weigh very slow so my goals are fitness related. I enjoy pushing myself further every workout. Friend me if you want to be my twin!!

Juliana
  • char362
    char362 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    One thing to remember is that the ideal weight is not the same for everyone, even if you're the same height. Some people do have a larger frame and can easily carry more weight without being unhealthy. Also, muscle weighs more, so someone who is more into weight lifting will weigh more than someone who does more lean toning and cardio, even at the same height.

For me, my body fat % is higher than I thought it would be when I recently had it tested. But then I have to remember that I have big boobs, and my boobs are the last to go when I lose weight. So I have to take that into account when setting my goals - I will always have big boobs and therefore weigh more than another woman, same height, with small boobs.
  • xSirensSong
    xSirensSong Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Well, whether you guys are my twins or not ~ You're all being added (if you haven't already added me). Just a fair warning! :bigsmile:
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Excellent. Where's my twin! I'm 35, 5'8 and 190 lbs.

See, I always knew I was simply TOO SHORT for my weight.

*bump for later*