Longest distance you have run?

Options

Replies

• LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    half marathon is my longest. i'd like to one day run a full.
  • leefox79
    leefox79 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
  • myperformance
    Options
    In 2010 and 2011 I did comrades Ultra marathon 89kms took 11:49 hrs cut off is 12 hrs! Now I'm fat and unfit! What is C25k that so many of you make reference to?

Couch to 5K. Google it or look up the app. Nice program.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Another half-marathoner here - I've run 5 of them so far. It's a great, challenging distance but one you can train for while holding down gainful employment and do the requisite running around with kids that play competitive sports.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    Half marathon.

I did one back in 2009. Toyed with doing a marathon but realized my body doesn't need to go through that sort of pounding. I also won't do another half because I detested the training. When I was done with the half I took a good month to a month and a half off from running because the thought of doing it made me want to vomit lol.

I'm not a fan of schedules and training etc. and prefer to run when I want to, however many miles I want to etc.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I've done one "official 10K" , but run 6.2 miles when I run during the week. Longest is 6.7 miles.
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Knickerbocker 60K
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    What is the longest distance you have run at one time? 5k, 10k, Half Marathon, Marathon, Ultra distances?

I have run a half marathon on the treadmill, but outdoors it is nine miles.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    12.7 miles is my farthest distance for training half marathon coming up on Thanksgiving Day!
  • Eve208
    Eve208 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    26 miles, ran my first marathon July 4th
  • smithed812
    Options
    7 miles... I'm proud of myself haha
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    18 so far...my first marathon is in January though! Can't wait!

Less than 2 years ago that number would've been only 2! It's amazing what you can accomplish when you stick with something!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    probably like 10 mts
  • funpilot56
    Options
    22 Marathons to date....not planning any more. Range from 2:38 to 3:03. 10 miles or half marathon are favorite distances for races....much easier to recover.
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    8 Miles. I am hoping to run a 10 miler race in Nov. and work up to the 1/2 in May.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Half marathon. I am currently training for my second half in January
  • AlmostAfloat
    AlmostAfloat Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I only started running a couple months ago. I did a 10k about a month after I started running, Surprized myself when I completed it and felt good after. Running the 5k Run for the Cureon the 6th! I try running atleast three times a week doing 5k at a time. I love it!
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Three ultras (one - 64 km, two - 56 km), three marathons, and lost track of the halfs (officially maybe about 5)
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Ran my first marathon at the beginning of this month. :) Hopeful to run my next one in October
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Knickerbocker 60K

My hero!!! The longest recorded race distance was last Sunday's Stampede Oak Opening 50k where I also ran off course for 4 miles and turned it into a 55k or something like that. Before that, I did a 32 mile run for my birthday on June 11th.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!