Yawning?

Options
So, every time I exercise I start yawning and it drives me insane!! I'm not tired at all, but it will start as soon as I start my routine and I look like a lazy fool at the gym. haha!! I'm perfectly fine once I get in my car to leave though. Does anyone else have this issue or know why a person would yawn the entire time they are working out?

Replies

• tobirhae
    tobirhae Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have this same issue, but it's just when I start out. Once I get into the workout I stop for the most part. I don't know why it happens, but my guess is that it's my body trying to get more oxygen when I start working out. That's just a guess, though.
  • JacobGaines1985
    Options
    Happens to me all the time...typically in my Taekwondo class! I just hope the other instructors don't call me out thinking I'm bored or am being disrespectful. lol.

Wouldn't be too concerned about it. More of an annoyance than anything.
  • sctork
    Options
    Happens to me in yoga too, in the first few minutes of class. Its kind of annoying when I'm trying to take these long deep relaxing breaths and they keep getting interrupted by yawns. My yoga teacher said it's common though I can't remember her explanation why. I will try to remember to ask her tomorrow.
  • TheLung
    Options
    Yawning is your bodies way of saying hey I need more oxygen. You might try some deep breathing before your exercising if it bothers you.