calorie intake

Options
i am trying to mantain a 1700 day target. Somedays i try a high fruit diet & do it successfully but on entering the diary i find that the i have gone way above the prescribed SUGAR INTAKE though CALORIES are in target range. Is the sugar from the fruits detramental to the weight loss plan ??

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I stopped watching my sugar intake on MFP for that sole reason....I was always over on sugar, because of the fruits. I dont worry about the sugars in fruits...however there are some fruits that are lower in sugar, if you want to try some of those in instead

The sugars you should be more concerned about are the sugars in processed foods, those are the ones you want to stay away from

The body is prepared to breakdown the sugar in fruits...so I dont believe it will be detrimental to your diet by eating alot of sugar that come from natural fruits
  • kathy499
    kathy499 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would love to know the answer to that question too. My calories are good but my sugars are high from the fruit and usually way over the recommended. So we would love to know the answer.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    i am trying to mantain a 1700 day target. Somedays i try a high fruit diet & do it successfully but on entering the diary i find that the i have gone way above the prescribed SUGAR INTAKE though CALORIES are in target range. Is the sugar from the fruits detramental to the weight loss plan ??

Not unless you are a diabetic and I doubt you are that because you wouldn't be asking about sugar in the first place if you were.

I stopped tracking my sugar, oranges are one of my favourite foods, but would send the sugar way over the top. In my opinion as long as you keep your calories within your allowance, I would continue. If you feel fit and healthy because you eat the fruit, why stop :flowerforyou:
  • aatul
    aatul Posts: 23
    Options
    thanks to all for that valuable input..... i guess it's time to grab a fruit. CHEERS !