Hydroxycut Max

Options
Just curious if anyone has tried Hydroxycut Max before. I know from experience that I sometimes need that added boast for weight loss and was wondering if anyone has tried it and if so what were the results, negative or positive. (Not all people will have the same results so please post your reviews not what you think will happen to everyone. Thank you

Replies

• ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    I am going to quote your profile page:

I have always struggled with my weight and ever since I had my son 2 years ago its gotten worse. I've spent hundreds on weight loss programs and pills and nothings worked. I am hoping MFP will finally help me get to my goal.

I've spent hundreds on weight loss programs and pills and nothings worked.

Look, the only thing that was ever good about hydroxycut that put it on the map was ephedrine which it doesn't have anymore. You should only really use that kind of stuff (ephedrine) when you get down to those very last pounds at a small bodyfat percentage and you have exhausted every other option. Even then you've really have to have a healthy heart (actually checked by a doctor) and fully understand what you are putting in your body and not just what the label says. That is just my opinion and most will say you should never use them.

I am not trying to be offensive but you are nowhere close to needing supplements. Stop trying to take shortcuts and do what you already know you should do.
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    sorry, but 100% useless. Anything that works is illegal to be sold as a weight loss aid. and even then, unless your diet is in order, it still won't work.

there are no shortcuts.

track calories to make sure you're in deficit, balance macros and do a resistance training exercise template. (cardio optional, but recommended). follow those three and you will get results.
  • spm2010
    spm2010 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am going to quote your profile page:

I have always struggled with my weight and ever since I had my son 2 years ago its gotten worse. I've spent hundreds on weight loss programs and pills and nothings worked. I am hoping MFP will finally help me get to my goal.

I've spent hundreds on weight loss programs and pills and nothings worked.

Look, the only thing that was ever good about hydroxycut that put it on the map was ephedrine which it doesn't have anymore. You should only really use that kind of stuff (ephedrine) when you get down to those very last pounds at a small bodyfat percentage and you have exhausted every other option. Even then you've really have to have a healthy heart (actually checked by a doctor) and fully understand what you are putting in your body and not just what the label says. That is just my opinion and most will say you should never use them.

I am not trying to be offensive but you are nowhere close to needing supplements. Stop trying to take shortcuts and do what you already know you should do.

That will be a very very long time if I would only use it when I have a low bf% lol. No offense taken, thank you for your opinion and I will not buy them.
  • BITEME_GRRR
    BITEME_GRRR Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I think it makes you bulk up. I had a boyfriend who did it he got huge.
  • BITEME_GRRR
    BITEME_GRRR Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    He is totally right. There are no shortcuts, only hard work. Stay positive, determined, it will boost your self esteem and confidence knowing you are worth it and able to work hard to achieve your goals. And you will lose weight :)
  • spm2010
    spm2010 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    He is totally right. There are no shortcuts, only hard work. Stay positive, determined, it will boost your self esteem and confidence knowing you are worth it and able to work hard to achieve your goals. And you will lose weight :)

Makes sense, Id feel a lot better knowing I lost the weight by busting my butt instead of popping a pill
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    The best thing about Hydroxycut Max is the Caffeine, which can help get you moving but won't make you lose weight.

It is probably too much caffeine per pill to suite most people and can have nasty side effects at that dose range.

It would be better to chug a 5 Hour Energy shot or take a 100-200mg caffeine pill.

Caffeine pills like "Jet Alert" are much cheaper than Hydroxycut (and 5 Hour Energy shots), and have a more reliable and controllable dose, but don't hit as hard and fast (which is good or bad depending on your preference).

Pure Caffeine Anhydrous can be got from Amazon dirt cheap, but must be weighed very accurately to be used safely.

Use caution. Be safe. Get healthy :)