Cakes in the kitchen

Kath712
Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Please talk me out of the cakes in the kitchen here at work! Boss's birthday yesterday, so there are not one, but TWO cakes in the kitchen up for grabs. One is a german chocolate with what looks like extra frosting on top. The other is a peach pound cake. I had a sliver of the pound cake yesterday with my fresh fruit I had brought from home. It was o.k., but I'm not really feeling the need to have more. And I know the cakes are store-bought, so nothing special.

I brought my lunch and snacks, so I have a healthy plan for the day. No good reason to blow it on empty calories. But ack! TOM showed up this morning - chocolate could certainly make me feel better! But I only have 2 more days until I leave for vacation - don't want to derail all my hard work. Would rather save the indulgence for vacation.

I'm eating my fruit and yogurt now....Just needed to post this and get it out there. I can do this, right?? It's (cake) just not worth it. It's just not worth it. It's just not worth it.... :-)

Replies

• aehenson
    aehenson Posts: 86
    The way that I talk myself out of eating the food that my coworkers bring is this.......and I hope it doesn't sound mean. But I let them go ahead of me, take a look at their back ends......and think - "do I want to go back to looking like that". It really helps me stay motivated - they have an "excuse" to celebrate all the time......
  • thebamboophoenix
    thebamboophoenix Posts: 58 Member
    I do the exact same! It works anywhere - take out places, supermarkets...anywhere!!
    And you know that it wasn't that good when you had a piece yesterday, so it's not worth it.

I am maybe a bit weird - but I bake cakes (cupcakes or loaves) and take them in to work. I don't have any, but I get my enjoyment a) out of baking them and b) others enjoying them. It's kind of like a half way compromise to my brain?? And maybe because I've made it, I feel less of an urge to eat them?

Anyway, point is - YES, YOU CAN DO THIS! Let them eat cake.... X
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Please talk me out of the cakes in the kitchen here at work! Boss's birthday yesterday, so there are not one, but TWO cakes in the kitchen up for grabs. One is a german chocolate with what looks like extra frosting on top. The other is a peach pound cake. I had a sliver of the pound cake yesterday with my fresh fruit I had brought from home. It was o.k., but I'm not really feeling the need to have more. And I know the cakes are store-bought, so nothing special.

I brought my lunch and snacks, so I have a healthy plan for the day. No good reason to blow it on empty calories. But ack! TOM showed up this morning - chocolate could certainly make me feel better! But I only have 2 more days until I leave for vacation - don't want to derail all my hard work. Would rather save the indulgence for vacation.

I'm eating my fruit and yogurt now....Just needed to post this and get it out there. I can do this, right?? It's (cake) just not worth it. It's just not worth it. It's just not worth it.... :-)

No, it's not worth it, if you start you may crave it more.

Treats are okay, but they can ruin days of work and for what, a few measly mouthfuls of crap food, tastes nice but the price you pay is ridiculous.

If it helps any, get angry at the bloody thing and stomp on it, it looks nice but is deadly. Rather like an iceberg really :wink:
This discussion has been closed.