Calories low, fat high...

Options
2»

Replies

• bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    the past few days I've come in under my allotted calories for the day, but my overall fat consumption is high. What's more important to target - calories or fat?
    I know I should aim for both, but I'm new at this and starting slow... no negative feedback please - I'll totally call you out on it! lol

Don't kill yourself fitting exactly into the special pair of jeans MFP has created for you. Some people have bigger hips than others.

Sorry. obscure. Um - don't sweat the macros. It'll kill you. And set your system to watch only those things you want to know about. I watch calcium and fibre, and ditch sodium and sugar. It's all up to you to do what you like.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of the problem of high fat days is that it takes calories away from my protein intake. That's the problem I usually run into when I'm reckless with my fat calories early in the day - it's just something I pay attention to.

Edited: grammar are gud.

Wrong. The "problem" with fat is that it's been unfairly demonized. Especially the most healthy kinds which are natural saturated fats. YES, animal fat from grassfed animals is VERY healthy, in fact it's ideal for the human body. We should not increase protein at the expense of fat. Very wrong. But most of us certainly should increase fat at the expense of carbs, especially sugar.

"Reckless with fat calories"!??? If anyone is still following MFP defaults they are not getting near enough fat, let alone being "reckless"!
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of the problem of high fat days is that it takes calories away from my protein intake. That's the problem I usually run into when I'm reckless with my fat calories early in the day - it's just something I pay attention to.

Edited: grammar are gud.

Wrong. The "problem" with fat is that it's been unfairly demonized. Especially the most healthy kinds which are natural saturated fats. YES, animal fat from grassfed animals is VERY healthy, in fact it's ideal for the human body. We should not increase protein at the expense of fat. Very wrong. But most of us certainly should increase fat at the expense of carbs, especially sugar.

"Reckless with fat calories"!??? If anyone is still following MFP defaults they are not getting near enough fat, let alone being "reckless"!

He's describing a personal experience. He is not "wrong". If he doesn't watch his fat intake, he can use up his calories early and not get enough protein while staying within calorie targets. Pretty simple and easy to understand.