Is this enough to loose 15 pounds by December 25th?

Options
I am eating 1000-1200 a day, lots of veg. exercise is 5x week Jillian michaels 30 day shred. weekends are 1400 both days and no exercise. I am also cleaning alot more around the house. In spring I was doing 1200 a day and the banish fat boost metabolism but i figured i would start with 30DS and work my way up to BFBM since i am 5 pounds heavier than i was then and i dident work out all summer. Is this enough to loose 15 pounds by december ? i am 145 pounds, 5'6 female between a small and medium frame.

Its hard for me to know what is enough because a couple years ago i went on 800-1000 a day calories and exercised for 60-80 minutes 7x week and lost 25 pounds in 2 months, but then gained it all back in 3 months when i quit. Now that im starting again i have trouble seeing myself loose weight with more calories and less exercise, but i know that much was not healthy!

Replies

• harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    it IS do-able.... But that being said, do no think of this as a DIET, because people fail at diets. This is a LIFESTYLE CHANGE that you will do for the rest of your life. Use this time of weight loss to modify your eating and exercising habits. Eat clean and eliminate all the bad things in your life. Remember--this is the rest of your life, treat it with care.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    How about coming up with a plan that will be sustainable and prevent a rebound instead eh?
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    with your stats, you should be fine at 1200 kcals for fat loss but I recommened eating a decent amount of lean protein and fats in your diet as well as vegs as you mentioned. This will help maintain any lean mass you have thus helpping you shed more fat :)
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Setting arbitrary time-dependent goals ("I will lose x pounds by this date") is just setting yourself up for failure.

Do some research. Take it slow. Weight loss is not a race.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I smell a troll.

Response 1. No, you are going to crash and burn baby.

Response 2. Yeah sure, good luck, enjoy that.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    The question is why do it like that? It makes no sense. Do the math. You want to lose 15 pounds in a little over 13 weeks. About 1.15 pounds a week. You need to be at about a 4000 calorie/week deficit or 570 calories/day. Using your stats your provided, the minimum of the websites I checked (IIFYM.com, Scooby's Workshop. Fitness Frog) is that your TDEE is somewhere around 2100 calories/day. That would mean you need to be no less than 1430 calories a day. And THAT is a safe number. Not this 1000 calories, and if you are exercising, you are going to be netting a lot less than that.

You are setting yourself up for failure, just like you did last time. And each time you yoyo, you will end up yoyoing just a bit higher. Is that what you want for the rest of your life? Really? One pound a week is totally doable in a sane, safe reasonable manner. There is no reason to jump off the bridge to do it the way you are proposing.