Capri pants after Labor Day?

Options
kelly_e_montana
kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
Ladies: If you wear capri pants, do you continue to wear them after Labor Day if the weather is still fairly warm (50s-70s, for example)?

I know some people HATE capris. I don't. I know they supposedly make you look fatter and they visually cut your body, but I can't really wear shorts or skirts to work, so I like them when it's warm. Also, I think they look cute with cardigans, etc. I'm more interested in learning when others who wear capris call it quits for the year.

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    If you like capri pants and it's still warm enough for you I see no reason not to wear them. I've worn shorts into November if it's not too cold.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    capri pants never.
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    As long as they're not white.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    capri pants never.

Okay back to the part where I made it clear I was asking people who wear capris...

Background: I work in a hot indoor environment. I can't wear shorts or skirts because they are considered too revealing for the bending over I do in front of people. It's 70 outside when I go to work and in the 30s or 40s when I get off work. I am working with the options I have, which are long pants and capris.

So, if you wear capris, what do you do? If you don't wear capris, great, good for you. I'm sure I hate some of your clothes, too. :wink:
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I wear capris, even my white capris, as long as the weather allows.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    capri pants never.
  • belgc
    belgc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Besaro, never say never !!!

look at your profile pics, specially that one comparing 250vs196 :-)))))))
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Why not?

I don't really wear them anymore, but I would if I did. :bigsmile: Now I just wear short skirts when it's hot @work.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I don't wear shorts to work either, but I do wear capris and ankle pants, usually from the time we first get into mild weather in the spring, until the weather demands a light jacket in the mornings, then I retire them.

I'm in an office environment, so to dress them up a bit I wear nicer blouses, blazers, heels and some great accessories.

I say rock it while the weather allows!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I'll wear capris in the dead of winter (I'm in northeast pa) if that's what I want to wear and I'm going to be comfortable in them.
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    If it's warm enough and you wont be cold go for it! I see nothing wrong with it. It was warm enough up here in Nova Scotia that I was wearing shorts on the first day of fall!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    As long as they're not white.

Why not white. I wear white anytime. As long as I am paying for my clothes I do what I want, not what is dictated by others.
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    If you like them, then you should wear them - that whole "dressing based on arbitrary calendar dates" went out in the Victorian era, I'm not sure why it's still a thing.

But you're wrong about them looking good. They're a terrible, awful monstronsity of a pants. Like their spiritual sisters the jeggings, they make every body type look slightly worse - which is a fine and noble thing if you've got a great body and don't want to make everyone else feel bad about themselves. Otherwise, it's definitely possible to find things that are both cooler and cuter to wear. (Skirts?)
  • BringingSherriBack
    Options
    I wear them as long as I can be comfortable in them. I start wearing them usually by late March or early April and continue to wear them well into October weather permitting. I also wear open toe shoes as long as the weather permits. Once it consisty doesn't get out of the 50s during the day then I give up and wear long pants and real shoes.
    I also work in an office environment so shorts are not permitted and I don't wear skirts because of some the activities my job requires including trips to the upstairs of our plant warehouse that has open grating floors. The guys might enjoy getting an eyefull if I did wear skirts though. lol :tongue:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    As long as it is warm enough!
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I don't like capris, but if I did and it was warm enough absolutely.
  • fitmomhappymom
    fitmomhappymom Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I wear them as long as the weather permits. I did put away my white capris because in my head I still hear my mom's voice saying " You can't wear summer white after labor day!"
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I wear capris, even my white capris, as long as the weather allows.

This. I even sometimes wear them in the winter with boots b/c I like the fit lol
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing capris right now. I never knew it was a "rule" not to lol.
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I wear them...because its still warm here ( i'm in AL) the high is 90, but they air condition buildings to 60 so capris are a good compromise. I have also found that with wedge heels they tend to look cute and not make me look shorter.