show me pics of your zumba success stories! :D

Options
I don't see too many zumba success stories on here, but I would love to see some for inspiration! What's your story? Did you do anything along with zumba? :)

Replies

• sophiemama
    sophiemama Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 15 lbs doing zumba and watching calories. I still enjoy zumba it's a lot of fun and gets your heartbeat up (if you are moving like you should! ) I moved on to other things not because zumba wasn't working but because I knew all the songs on my cbox Game and just needed something different.
  • brianafaye2
    brianafaye2 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That's great! :). I'm glad to know it helped you. I have a few different dvds, so if I get bored I will switch. I could always make a playlist of music too.
  • ElenaYan
    ElenaYan Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i lost 20 lbs for my wedding with the help of zumba! I love it.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Lost all my weight with Zumba and weight lifting (a bit of other stuff thrown in on occasion).

Zumba is fabulous!!
  • brianafaye2
    brianafaye2 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That's great! Thank you two for sharing :)
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I was wondering thismyself, I never hear people say they loose weight on MFP with Zumba but Zumba is fun so I hope they did
  • nancysr12
    nancysr12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I've lost 18 pounds in 2 months and most of my cardio is Zumba. I lift and run too. Zumba is fun and if you do all the moves, you get a pretty solid cardio workout in an hour class.
  • notdieting
    notdieting Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have lost 42lbs and almost my only form of exercise is zumba...three to four times a week. I do go on occasional bike rides and maybe a couple of good long walks per month (5-8 miles) but on the whole, it's just the zumba....and having done all the usual types of aerobic dance-type exercise classes and DVDs, I personally have found zumba the ONLY one that I have sustained a long term enthusiasm for. I have been going for 18 months now and absolutely love it!! I do two paid classes a week and one or two sessions with the zumba fitness DVD.

The 42lbs has been lost since April when I also started watching what I ate, whereas prior to that, I did zumba but still ate like a hog!!! One is no good without the other, as we all know, but now I am eating well AND doing exercise, I would definately hold the zumba responsible for a good part of my success in losing the weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!