Seriously! I need help! This is starting to piss me off!

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If this is a sudden and unexplained weight gain, I'd suggest seeing a doctor. While prolonged undereating can cause your metabolic rate to slow, it will not happen overnight and will not be dramatic. It will happen slowly and make it gradually harder to lose weight.

This sounds like it could be a food intollerance or hormonal disorder or some other condition that can be identified and managed.
  • themumbler86
    Options
    Also (and I'm not being a wise *kitten*) make sure you've ruled out pregnancy.

One of my friends dieted for 2 months, gained a clothes size and got very frustrated about it, and then realised she was actually pregnant.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    If you are flabbier and run a lot and have a big deficit, it's possible you are losing too much lean mass while you lose weight. The body likes to use muscle for fuel, no doubt! If you think that could be it, lift some weights and eat for them, especially protein. Just look up how to preserve lean mass as you lose, in other words.
  • d6melanie
    d6melanie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    if I had to guess, I'd say your measurements when logging food are pretty far off. 1/2 cup of milk? that's 4oz, barely more than two swallows for me. 1/4 cup of general tso's chicken? That's two tablespoons... that can't be right. that would be like one and a half pieces of chicken. They may be accurate, I don't know you :). I'm just saying they seem like they're not. You're basically nibbling all day.

1/4 Cup = 4 Tablespoons.

Thank you for correcting that I almost just had a heart attack about my tracking! (But fair point to the OP too, it's not much food!)
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    ADD CALORIES! U aren't eating enough! This happened to me several months ago & I increased calories by 100 per week and this stopped. I am at 1350 right now about to move to 1400....
  • cem614
    cem614 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Girl, you need to eat more! I'm 5'4" and lose weight eating 1400 calories daily, even when I don't exercise. I'd say the 1200 would be okay if you weren't running and walking all of that mileage. Try adding 200 calories if you are going to do all that running.
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I looked at one day of your diary. but I did look at your goals. and what you actually did. I don't think you know what you're doing. you're eating carbs and not eating fats and proteins. basically, you're carbo-loading for your running and starving your body of nutrition (fats and protein). most of your diet is fruit and grains. so yeah you're going to get some weird responses from a body trying to survive what amounts to lots of stress (running) and abuse (no nutrition).

go to one of the keto calculators and reset your goals on calories, fats, proteins and carbs and then GET TO THE GOALS. switch your emphasis from low calorie to low carb and increase your intake of fats and proteins dramatically then see what happens after a month or so.

I run and swim and I would never eat what you eat.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    language check?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Are you logging every single thing you put in your mouth? I can't tell if you're just not eating a lot, or if you're missing a lot of entries in your diary. Get a digital scale and start weighing your food, if you're not doing it now. You don't need a large calorie deficit if you only have 15 lbs to lose. I honestly wouldn't be making it a habit to eat under my BMR very often, if I was at your weight.

Take a look at this thread, because Sara gives good pointers on filling out your diary. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/925464-fitting-it-in-giggity
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    language check?

English here!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you are flabbier and run a lot and have a big deficit, it's possible you are losing too much lean mass while you lose weight. The body likes to use muscle for fuel, no doubt! If you think that could be it, lift some weights and eat for them, especially protein. Just look up how to preserve lean mass as you lose, in other words.

If she were losing more muscle she should be losing more weight, not gaining weight.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Are you logging every single thing you put in your mouth? I can't tell if you're just not eating a lot, or if you're missing a lot of entries in your diary. Get a digital scale and start weighing your food, if you're not doing it now. You don't need a large calorie deficit if you only have 15 lbs to lose. I honestly wouldn't be making it a habit to eat under my BMR very often, if I was at your weight.

Take a look at this thread, because Sara gives good pointers on filling out your diary. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/925464-fitting-it-in-giggity

^^^^THIS.

And watch this, please:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DJVjWPclrWVY
  • jennybenny35
    Options
    If this is a sudden and unexplained weight gain, I'd suggest seeing a doctor. While prolonged undereating can cause your metabolic rate to slow, it will not happen overnight and will not be dramatic. It will happen slowly and make it gradually harder to lose weight.

This sounds like it could be a food intollerance or hormonal disorder or some other condition that can be identified and managed.

That is what I was going to say!
  • rosemary98
    Options

If she were losing more muscle she should be losing more weight, not gaining weight.

That is what i would think. if you really were eating such a deficit (including the exercise) you would be dropping weight. maybe not fast...because your body would be preserving calories...and maybe that weight would be muscle in addition to fat, but you should still be losing.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    if I had to guess, I'd say your measurements when logging food are pretty far off. 1/2 cup of milk? that's 4oz, barely more than two swallows for me. 1/4 cup of general tso's chicken? That's two tablespoons... that can't be right. that would be like one and a half pieces of chicken. They may be accurate, I don't know you :). I'm just saying they seem like they're not. You're basically nibbling all day.

i would also say that more than likely your diary isn't accurate....meaning you are likely eating more than you think.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I congratulate you on logging your food; but in reviewing your diary, I see the food QUALITY is lacking IMO. Lots of pizza, sushi, take-out, fast food---not the best stuff to fuel your body. Cook a chicken, fish, veggies and try eating some quality food and snacks for a couple weeks.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous poster who indicated you should probably reconsider some of your menu choices; less pizza and take-out. The database on MFP isn't always factual when it comes to sodium, and lots of your choices are packed with sodium - which will make the scale go up. It appears you drink little to no water - you might want to work on that as well. I am on of those who eats back my exercise calories. I'm among those who realize that our bodies need the fuel. A lot of good advice has been offered here. Good luck - I hope you figure out where you're going wrong. :flowerforyou:
  • tk2007
    tk2007 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Okay, I need to clear this up.

I've been getting the "No, you're lying about what you put in your diary" answer a lot. Trust me, I do this thing religiously. I've even been yelled at several times for undereating (ask my friends). So I'm ruling out those answers.