New to MFP

Options
Hey everyone. My name is Lisa and I just signed up to MFP today. I may be new to this site but I'm definitely not new to loosing weight. I have been on the weight-loss rollercoaster since I was a teenager. I loose weight, exercise and start feeling good about myself and then I fall off the wagon. I guess the good thing is I haven't given completely up yet.

Just got back from a weeks vacation at the beach with family and I was miserable! Hated putting on a bathing suit, obviously, but worst than that was how bad I felt health-wise. Had no energy, out of breath and struggled to do things with my nieces. First time in my life I had to worry about being too fat to get on a ride at the amusement park! Ugggghh..

So my plan is just to get healthy one day at a time. I'm excited about having this site and all of you to help encourage and motivate me. :happy:

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Lisa! Good luck and like you said it's one day at a time.
  • Notsocorny
    Options
    Welcome Lisa!
    The first step is to want it, the next step is to do it! Good for you for signing up to make that a reality for yourself!
    :)
  • hannatrip
    Options
    Good for you Lisa!! you took the right step forward!! I just started a week ago and I am already feeling better with more energy...I havent really lost much yet but Im really feeling better! When I feel a craving for something bad I jump on here even if im at work and it makes me focus again!!! Good Luck!!:happy:
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    You get great support here. And I find it so educational to see how your food breaks down in the nutrients. It has changed my focus on why I eat. Eat to get the energy back, and the weight starts falling away. Read the blogs, and on the bad days ask for support. Everyone here has a similar story. Keep it up and Keep us posted.