Zumba!

Options
So I started Zumba Exhilerate 3 days ago. My aunt bought it for me for my birthday. I'm really liking it. Anyone out there doing Zumba also? Did you get good results? Day 1 I did Activate, Day 2 I did Zumba Toning (used 5lb weights instead of Toning Sticks) I would really like to get a group on here that I can check in with daily. I was at my goal of 125 and then I stopped watching what I was eatting and got lazy about exercising!! I'm back to 133.2 as of this morning.

Replies

• Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I did Zuma everyday a few years ago. I really liked it. I never lost weight but I did get some abs. My problem was I wasn't watching what I ate and I still had fat over the muscle. I plan on starting again after I finish the 30ds.

I also have DVDs called Core Rhythms and I love those as well.
  • tryshaantonelli
    tryshaantonelli Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba and I absolutely love it. You get out of it what you put into it. If you just go through the motions and don't get into it, you won't really sweat or loose any weight, but if you let yourself go and just have fun, you will! I wouldn't say that you will ever get real muscles from doing it, even the toning. It helps, but doing something like Les Mils Body Pump is going to be way more effective for that. But as cardio goes, Zumba is the most fun you can have. And the toning is good if you don't want/need muscle muscle. It is good for just some light toning and if you have no muscle, you will build some.
    But you just have to let go and enjoy!!! What is the point of working out if it is boring and no fun?!
  • dayna_woods
    Options
    Still doing Zumba everyday. =] I love Zumba Toning. Going t o give Senato a shot today. I didnt mention that I was pregnant in my last post. Not so sure how LMP would go with that. Im still in my first trimester after a miscarriage so trying to take it somewhat easy. I have CLX that Ive done off and on in the last couple months. I cant seem to get though a complete round of it though! I'm down 1.2 pounds =]
  • nisharoseapple
    nisharoseapple Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I bought the zumba dvds a couple of weeks ago. I absolutely love it. I don't feel like I'm working out and I actually look forward to doing it. My favorites are Exhilarate, Mix, and Activate. I do the Rip as well, but I use 5lb weights instead of those light sticks!
  • TeaAddictedGeek
    TeaAddictedGeek Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I also love Zumba Exhilarate, and for Ripped also have to use 5 lb weights.
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I don't have the dvds but I do look Zumba up on youtube and follow along there. I love it.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I was taking a zumba class for 1 hour 3 times a week when I started using MFP until they changed the schedule for fall - now it's only 2 times a week. Zumba and walking were my only sources for work-outs until a few weeks ago, and I've lost 20 pounds doing it!

Go strong and hard, and you'll sweat like crazy and feel awesome afterwards. I don't understand the other women at my zumba class that don't sweat at all or barely lift their legs off the floor - it's supposed to be a work out!
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, I lift weights. Four times a week I go for Zumba, including one Zumba Toning (with weights) class (some of my Zumba classes have Arab/Egyptian and Indian themes). This will be my fourth month. I love Zumba! I guess it comes from the fact that I love to dance so much! I always wear my HRM and record my statistics after every session. My heart beat rate goes up as high as 180, and I use up close to 800 calories per session!! I drink about 32 ounces of H20 at Zumba.

I do not pay much attention as to whether am losing weight or not. I figure that will come by itself, as long as I keep brining it and eating right. I concentrate on whether am getting more powerful as days go by - and that I have proven true. I can jump higher, move faster, dance longer (while singing/screaming to the song :)),can lift heavier weights, do more push ups and always look forward to hitting the gym!!!

Good luck, and have fun!! :)