Good quality weight scale?

Options
Can anybody recommend a good quality weight scale? The one i have is pretty wonky and seems to vary with results and I'm not too sure if I'm losing or gaining weight. And would like something too that does BMI, I'm not too sure if there is such a scale

Replies

• Losingthedamnweight
    Options
    Fitbit aria. Step on and it wirelessly sends your information about body fat and weight to your phone
  • clbenard
    clbenard Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same thing with the Withings, which I have. I love it. It auto-updates MyFitnessPal and stays super-consistent. It automatically recognizes my wife and me and updates each of our weights accordingly.
  • AdrianBry
    AdrianBry Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    the best one is the MIRROR. You probably already have one. Believe me I use it and in the long run it's better to focus on how you look and not what your scale says
  • newmelady
    newmelady Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    the best one is the MIRROR. You probably already have one. Believe me I use it and in the long run it's better to focus on how you look and not what your scale says

That's what I do mostly and it has helped me a lot.:smile:
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Fitbit aria. Step on and it wirelessly sends your information about body fat and weight to your phone
    I have one too and also love it. None of these things are all that accurate but using the same one consistently is all that really matters. Your mirror should be used for motivation and all the warm and fuzzies, but you still need your scale. Optimal success requires adjustment of your diet and exercise plan, and you can't do that nearly as easily or as quickly if you don't know your weight. Don't let yourself get wrapped up emotionally in the data you get from your scale and you can learn to use it as a tool instead of a validation mechanism.
  • texasowl1969
    texasowl1969 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My iHealth scale crashed on me this weekend. After I replaced the batteries it was still dead, like a nail.

So I have spent the better part of the weekend looking for a good wireless scale that will give a full body analysis. I also want it to connect to MyFitnessPal and IFit.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I can recommend any EatSmart scale. Very consistent. $30ish on Amazon.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I got an Eat Smart one off amazon, too. It just gives me numbers, but that's all I want. It was cheap.
    I used that scale for my first 40 pounds. It didn't work for me. I never saw any difference.

But the clothes got looser and then got too big, so I knew I was losing.

Now I'm on the scale at least once a day. I could go back to not using it, but I'm kind of hooked on the scale thing now, sadly.

I wish I'd never gotten the scale, but I don't want to give it up, lol.
  • texasowl1969
    Options
    I can recommend any EatSmart scale. Very consistent. $30ish on Amazon.

Thank you for the response.
    However, I was looking for one that not only interfaces with MyFitnessPal but will also give a full body evaluation.

Thank you again.
  • texasowl1969
    Options
    I decided to go with the iHealth HS5 scale. This not only will interface with my Android (Android Program) but will also push the weight to MyFitnessPal and gives me 9 factors of body health. This can be purchased on line or at Best Buy.
  • slicer1604
    slicer1604 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi has anywone info on iHealth HS5 and syncing data to MFP? Does it sync everything and always. Ive read that in only syncs first readout and it only sync BMI and Weight nothing else.
  • AdrianCosbyComedy
    Options
    I have had several successful syncs over the past two days. So far, everything I read about the app on the app store has been wrong. It setup easy, and worked the first time. I had to log into ihealth from my pc to complete the sync process, but otherwise it was effortless. My wife and I both use the scale with MFP and are loving it!