Week 5 of T25-No weight loss.

Options
2»

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i never lost a lot of weight doing t25, but i did take before and after pics and that is where you will notice the changes. well i did anyway. i only lost 2 lbs but i didn't have a whole lot to lose but i did see a difference in my body composition in the pics. I didn't follow the eating plan either just kept myself at 14-1500 cals. i will never eat 1200 and 1600 is more of maintenance cals for me. i think if you get a scale it will help, i got one for 10 bucks! i also think that you will see more changes in the next few weeks. watch your sodium, eat your protein and drink your water :)
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    Options
    okay so its my chicken that I eat? okay. well ill just cut that out bc I cant get a scale at the moment. but I log everything else.

Don't eliminate your chicken! I doubt very seriously that it's costing you many extra calories, assuming you're eating the white meat, like chicken breast. The typical calories on that are 120 for 4 oz. 4 oz. is a good bit of chicken! I weigh mine and am always surprised by what a generous portion it is. Even if you're going over that, I can't imagine you'd take in more than 150-200 calories with it, and it's such an excellent source of protein, which you need when you're strength training.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I expect you're eating more than you think you are. You'll need to log absolutely everything, right down to coffee creamer and ketchup.

Exercise is great, but it can muck up weight loss sometimes, by clouding your view of how much you need to eat. It's very easy (actually, I think it's the norm) to overestimate the amount of calories you're burning in your workout, and if you're eating your exercise calories back.. there you go.

It's incredibly easy to underestimate the number of calories you're eating as well. Need to weigh and log absolutely everything.
  • ashleyp35
    Options
    I am in the same position. 8 weeks no loss but 4 inches. I am decreasing my calories to 1200. I say decrease your calories and see how it works.
  • AmberDawn930
    AmberDawn930 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    keep in mind your sodium intake. if you eat alot of packaged things you could be retaining water which will show no loss or even a gain when i comes to the scale.
  • Little_Laura_K
    Little_Laura_K Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Maybe your not eating enough and your body has plateaued. Believe it or not we need to fuel our body's in order to lose the fat!
  • trought33
    Options
    I just finished week 5 of T25 and I only lost half a pound. I have been eating 1500 calories a day and have been taking my measurements. I only lost 1/2" in my waist, 1/2" in my hips, and 1/2" in my thighs. It is really frustrating. I tried increasing my protein intake to see if that helped but it didn't. I am going to try decreasing my calories to see if that makes a difference.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I completed my first round of T25 some time ago, lost 1lb, 10inches and went down a pant size. Second round lost another 9lbs and a few more inches. Now I'm doing Gamma, which is mostly strength. When Delta phase comes out, will definitely get it.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I just finished week 5 of T25 and I only lost half a pound. I have been eating 1500 calories a day and have been taking my measurements. I only lost 1/2" in my waist, 1/2" in my hips, and 1/2" in my thighs. It is really frustrating. I tried increasing my protein intake to see if that helped but it didn't. I am going to try decreasing my calories to see if that makes a difference.

Do you use a food scale to weigh your food?
  • Cassy0823
    Cassy0823 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So happy I found this post... I am on Week 4 of T25 and I've only lost 2 lbs. I was racking my brains wondering what I was doing wrong. THANK YOU!
  • fitness2597
    Options
    Hey i just finished week 2 and i havent lost any weight yet. I also havent lost any inches. Im very frustrated b/c i am working very hard and following the meal plan yet im not seeing any results. I just want to give up. Anyone got any advice.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hey i just finished week 2 and i havent lost any weight yet. I also havent lost any inches. Im very frustrated b/c i am working very hard and following the meal plan yet im not seeing any results. I just want to give up. Anyone got any advice.

Do you track calories, do you use a food scale and can you open your food diary? What is your height and weight?
  • fitness2597
    Options
    Hi psulemon. I do track my calories and i currently weigh 150 and my height is 5'5.