Guaranteeing your water intake?

Options
How do you make sure you get 100%+ of your daily water intake? I struggle with this, so any tips are appreciated!

Enjoy a GIF while you think. :)

Cat-walks-on-counter-kind-of.gif

Replies

• oldladybug
    oldladybug Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have a bottle that I only use for water it goes with me everywhere. The bottle holds 32 ounces of water, when it gets empty it gets filled again. I don't drink it all at one time some days it takes all day to drink 1 bottle and other days I can drink 2 bottles I'm trying to get up to 4 bottles a day....One sip at a time, just one sip at a time. hope this helps. Good Luck.:drinker:
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    How do you make sure you get 100%+ of your daily water intake? I struggle with this, so any tips are appreciated!

I fill up a plastic gallon bottle before bed (and put it in the fridge), and start drinking in the morning. Repeat.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

2L container of caffeine-free diet cola or diet tonic water. If it's empty by the end of the day, I know between the bottle and straight water that I'm well above my daily liquid requirements.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Take some rubberbands ..... or those rubberband bracelettes and put them around a water bottle (I use a Brita bottle with the filter top) .... anyway, take a rubberband off each time you finish the bottle. When the rubberbands are gone ... you're water intake is complete.
  • lejla2002
    lejla2002 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    i have a bottle next to me at work all day and i drink while i'm working it has become a habit now.
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Eat a little soy sauce! :P
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I use a 32oz cup and drink one between start of work and lunch, and one from lunch until quitting time. As an added bonus, I keep a measuring cup by the sink both at work and home... when I go to the kitchen, I fill it and down it, it only takes a second! :heart:
  • xSirensSong
    xSirensSong Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    These all are great ideas! Thanks so much! :happy:
  • xSirensSong
    Options
    Take some rubberbands ..... or those rubberband bracelettes and put them around a water bottle (I use a Brita bottle with the filter top) .... anyway, take a rubberband off each time you finish the bottle. When the rubberbands are gone ... you're water intake is complete.
    I use a 32oz cup and drink one between start of work and lunch, and one from lunch until quitting time. As an added bonus, I keep a measuring cup by the sink both at work and home... when I go to the kitchen, I fill it and down it, it only takes a second!

These sound more like me! Thank you guys, I love getting new ideas! :drinker:
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I usually to try to split it up into 4 hour increments throughout the day so it didn't seem like SO much water. I use a 24 oz. bottle and drink one bottle full between 8am-noon, another between noon-4pm, and another between 4-8pm. It's a little over 9 servings of water.
  • astange83
    Options
    I have a 32oz bottle of water I drink the full amount every 2 hrs at work (aka time between breaks) so by the end of the end of the work day I've had 4 bottles so 128oz, and generally will drink one more at home. Its easier for me than many people because I don't drink other items like soda, or calorie drinks (ok minus my weekly starbucks trip). So no water, no fluid intake.
  • xSirensSong
    Options
    Thanks again, everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to get some water is in my coffee. I know that might not sound right, but it definitely counts.

You can get a surprising amount of water just from the food you eat.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with drinking plain water. Usually water intake isn't worth fretting about. Keep hydrated. If your pee is too dark, get more water somehow. You don't necessarily have to get x number of cups.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    have a gallon of water that i keep with me till it is gone by the end of the day
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I also have a 32oz bottle that I keep with me at all times and when it gets empty I refill it, try to limit any soda I drink and I also find that if I eat something that is spicy or hot I tend to drink more water....Good luck
  • nataschalouise
    Options
    I have a bottle of water with me constantly. Filled. I fill it up at every opportunity. I work in an office and constantly sip away at my water. Your body gets used to it, so whilst I drink 2 liters of water at work, I only go to the toilet twice :) And I also live in a cold country, so when I go somewhere hot I would drink a heck of a lot more to accommodate this!

At the gym I drink at every opportunity, and can go through a liter or two.

When I go to bed I have a pint glass of water beside my bed, and I would drink through out the night ( I am not a heavy sleeper).

I honestly don't know how I do this, I always thought 8 glasses of water a day is very little! I usually feel dehydrated if I have less! I guess my dad was in the army and took hydration very important, and my grandmother drinks 8 cups of tea a day so fluids were forced upon me!
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I use making a new cup of green tea as my excuse for a break at work. I make a new cup every hour. Gets me about half way there.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    The only issue with me is I like my water cold so I typically take a 16 oz bottle and fill it for work and drink ice water with my meals.

The ice water is a preference only not some gimmacky thing.

In the summer I fill 2 of these up half way and freeze them then in when I want cold water I put the water in and let it sit for a bit...keep refilling until ice is gone.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I keep a water bottle with me, and I drink it throughout the day...it isn't hard. I drink at least a gallon to a gallon and a half per day...more if it's really hot and I'm training in the heat.
  • Llnunn
    Options
    Looking for encouraging friends...add me! :)