Resistance/Strength training - no time is shown

Options
When adding Resistance/Strength training in MFP no time is shown for the exercise. I add the equivelent time for walking to bring it up to my target but there must be a better way.

Love the site and how easy it is to use.
Randy from Ottawa

Replies

• mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I record it under cardio as "circuit training" and you can put in the time then.
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Yep, you can log it in the Cardiovascular sectio. Just find "Strength Training (Weightlifting, Weight Training) from the dropdown box and just fill in the duration. If you've updated your profile and weight, then it will give you an estimate on calories burned. It's an estimate, since there's not really a way to gauge caloric burn from strength training. But you can play around with the numbers as you progress.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    The "Strength Training" section is to keep track of your reps / sets / amount of weight to keep track of your progress, much like you would write down at the gym.

To log it for calories burned, you have to log it under "Cardio" even though it isn't cardio.
  • Ottawa_Randy
    Ottawa_Randy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I'll use the circuit training.

A great site.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I log it under cardio, but give it its own name, so I can track what I am doing still. I use an app called PumpNLog to track specific lifts/rep/weight because it's faster to do while I'm actually doing my workout and it tracks my time and rest times for me.