Mucho Gracias Finland!

Options
So I have just finished (as in hop on a plane tomorrow) a full month and 4 days living in Finland with my dearest friend. I have counted calories only one day (to make sure I was on track) and exercised not because I was forced to or forced myself.. most of the time because it was FUN (something I NEVER NEVER think). I had a whole month of being healthy without forcing it, it was a preview of what life can and should be for me. it was spectacular, and now I cant wait to go home and see if my scale loves finland as much as I did. I know for sure, taking my new main photo was a pretty exciting moment for me. :happy: :tongue:

Replies

• maz123
    maz123 Posts: 63
    Options
    your scales will love you girl, your tiny you dont need to lose another pound. fair play. glad you had fun in finland, might have to take a trip there to get to ur size!
  • Annabelle_M
    Options
    Glad you had a good trip to Finland! I was in Finland for 3 weeks in February and it was beautiful! However, I found it very hard to watch what I ate because I didn't understand the language and they have a lot of pastry based foods! Hope you get a good result on the scale!
  • Tasha1476
    Tasha1476 Posts: 220
    Options
    your scales will love you girl, your tiny you dont need to lose another pound. fair play. glad you had fun in finland, might have to take a trip there to get to ur size!

Thanks! that means a lot! :happy:
  • Tasha1476
    Options
    Glad you had a good trip to Finland! I was in Finland for 3 weeks in February and it was beautiful! However, I found it very hard to watch what I ate because I didn't understand the language and they have a lot of pastry based foods! Hope you get a good result on the scale!

Awww, well if you had been with a family here, I am sure it would have gone differently. They do have a lot of pastry based foods (and yummy ones!) but when you are spending time around families here, they tend to like super super homemake food. The one day I recorded calories I ate almost all day long and really struggled to even get up to my calorie limit! haha
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I think you mean "Kiitos Suomi!" :flowerforyou:

My family is from Finland, and every time I go there, I eat what I like AND LOSE WEIGHT! Why? 1. All of their food is preservative-free- all of the bread at the grocery store is made in a bakery that morning or the morning before. There is no such thing as preservatives. They eat healthy amounts of fish, veggies, complex carbs, milk, cheese (all cattle are free range, no hormones, etc). and 2. Everyone walks or bikes EVERYWHERE. I literally eat real butter on my bread, chocolate that Americans would think of as "fancy chocolate" but is their everyday chocolate and consistently lose weight when we are there.

Where were you in Finland? Glad to hear you had a very positive experience!

Nina
  • Tasha1476
    Options
    I think you mean "Kiitos Suomi!" :flowerforyou:

My family is from Finland, and every time I go there, I eat what I like AND LOSE WEIGHT! Why? 1. All of their food is preservative-free- all of the bread at the grocery store is made in a bakery that morning or the morning before. There is no such thing as preservatives. They eat healthy amounts of fish, veggies, complex carbs, milk, cheese (all cattle are free range, no hormones, etc). and 2. Everyone walks or bikes EVERYWHERE. I literally eat real butter on my bread, chocolate that Americans would think of as "fancy chocolate" but is their everyday chocolate and consistently lose weight when we are there.

Where were you in Finland? Glad to hear you had a very positive experience!

Nina

Haha yes of course Kiitos, saying the spanish is actually a joke with my friend.

I know exactly what you mean, eating is just so much better here, its amazing. And of course walking everywhere... right outside my friends house there is this beautiful gorgeous walking path through the forest that leads to a lake.. and we usually walk or jog it every day, because its so pretty.

I am in Kouvola, my best friend lives here, and I have been coming for a month or 2 every year for 3 or 4 years. I love it here.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!