No suport. No Nothing. Just...Ack...

So... here I am.... Gained 60 pounds in 3 years. Between the stress of moving, lack of motivation, and lack of a suport system, I've let this happen to myself.

I have tried to lose the weight before. Was doing very well, too. But the day I had reached one of my goals I had someone ask me if I was 'with child.' Well, if that won't pop your balloon I don't know what would.

Right after that my husband and I decided we needed to buy a house, so I was gung-ho into that. And, anyone that has bought a house knows how stressful that can be. And, me and stress just don't get along.

I've ate right. I've excersized. I've done everything you are suppose to do but the most I have ever lost is 10 pounds. I could spend months and months do exaclty what everyone says to do and only ever lose those first 10 pounds and then squat!

And now I'm just stuck. I don't have anyone to help me. My husband thinks I look fine and won't change his eating habits so that makes it that much harder. And I can't turn to anyone for help or support because either they can't find the time, don't want to put forth the effort, or , like my mom, will just tell me I'm heavy and need to lose weight.... DUH!!! Tell me something I don't know. I don't need you to point out the facts I need some support and motivation and a reason to do this.

I just want to look like a looked 3 years ago and I can't quite figure out how to get there!

Not a lot of people can tell I'm overweight because I can hold my weight very well. But I can tell. And it's driving me batty.

And I just don't know what else to do.

Replies

• tdfarmer
    tdfarmer Posts: 176 Member
    I started a support group on facebook if you'd like to join. Maybe you just need to boost your exercise a little.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    At the risk of sounding obvious... If you eat at a calorie deficit you will lose weight. No one is exempt from that rule. The trick is to find the right calorie deficit that allows you to lose weight and also isn't so restrictive that you give up after 10 lbs or find yourself having binges every few days or every week and undoing all your efforts. Just go through all the steps of figuring out a plan, and start. Don't expect perfection, because there will be times that you eat over your calorie allotment. The people who have success just get back in the saddle the next day.

I recommend that you set your MFP desired weight loss at 1 lb per week. Then start weighing and measuring everything you eat, meet your calorie goal every day, eat enough protein, drink enough water, and if you feel like you're not getting enough food then exercise to earn more calories. Don't psyche yourself out about how hard/impossible it's going to be before you've even started. Try to get into the mindset that it's not a temporary diet - but that you're eating for the size you want to be.
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Don't expect others to change their eating habits to suit you, even significant others. Work around it. Waiting on someone else to do something first is a recipe for disaster.

If you want to look how you did 3 years ago, then that's your motivation.

All I can say on your trying and failing is that if you use the tools provided to you by the site ( such as calorie tracking ) then your chance of failing will be significantly lower.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    At the risk of sounding obvious... If you eat at a calorie deficit you will lose weight. No one is exempt from that rule. The trick is to find the right calorie deficit that allows you to lose weight and also isn't so restrictive that you give up after 10 lbs or find yourself having binges every few days or every week and undoing all your efforts. Just go through all the steps of figuring out a plan, and start. Don't expect perfection, because there will be times that you eat over your calorie allotment. The people who have success just get back in the saddle the next day.

I recommend that you set your MFP desired weight loss at 1 lb per week. Then start weighing and measuring everything you eat, meet your calorie goal every day, eat enough protein, drink enough water, and if you feel like you're not getting enough food then exercise to earn more calories. Don't psyche yourself out about how hard/impossible it's going to be before you've even started. Try to get into the mindset that it's not a temporary diet - but that you're eating for the size you want to be.
    Exactly this... and just do it for you.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    toughen up.
    go kick some butt.
  • bergamese
    bergamese Posts: 36 Member

This.

And add some friends on MFP for support and motivation.
  • I know how you feel. My mom is always nagging me about my weight and it makes me very upset to the point I want to eat more because that is my way of copping. My husband says he will love me no matter what and he eats the worst foods ever and does not gain a pound. Actually he eats a fire and burger and I think I gain the weight for him. I dont have many friends near me they all live far away so sometimes I feel like all I have is myself. But thats when I log in to MFP and everyone here are so supportive and motivating.

Dont give up on yourself push through the struggles as they only make you stronger!!

Good luck and feel free to add me and we can motivate eachother. You have done the first step by coming here and asking for help. :flowerforyou:
  • Triciad811
    Triciad811 Posts: 268 Member

This.

And add some friends on MFP for support and motivation.

This and this !!!! Only you can make your choices. Be positive and be strong. You can do this !!!
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    feel free to add me.....i'm on here every day.....you can message me, ask questions, rant etc.....you will get support and not judgement...:)
  • EmmaLA16
    EmmaLA16 Posts: 94 Member
    Please feel free to add me, my journey has been a bumpy one but my buddies on here have been fantastic and supported me through it all. xx
  • bloodhoundlady
    bloodhoundlady Posts: 80 Member
    Look it is you that has to do this. Yeah it would be nice if he got on board but he is happy where he is. Honestly my husband was the same way but I gained 125 pounds in a 10 year period and though he was overweight as well he did not want to change. I did. I found clean eating, tracked my food started exercising and almost 4 months later I am down 46 lbs. Guess what hubby got on board after 6 weeks I slowly changed our food and he started feeling better, quit the junk and joined me on my walks and to the gym. I have a very stress ful job so I understand the stress and weight gain. (I'm a cardiac intensive care nurse)
    Nobody can do this for you and the benefits of losing and getting your old body back the healthy way are the only way to go.
  • Kimsoontobe
    Kimsoontobe Posts: 110 Member
    I know how you feel I'm in the same boat. You CAN do this. You must do this for YOURSELF. Feel free to add me.
  • MeRoHa
    MeRoHa Posts: 95 Member
    I had given up trying to lose weight. Then I got an email that had information about MFP. I decided to give it a shot. Now I am down over 30 pounds in two months and finally see hope along this path. Feel free to add me.