Birth Control Pill.. Question for the Girls

Options
I am taking Srpintec birth control and this month i've not really had a period, and i'm not prego, went to the dr and took about 25 home tests.. but i have been spotting off and on for the entire months, next week is when I am supposed to take my white pills and have a period, so we'll see how it goes then, but has anyone else ever had this?

I've been on this for a while now and have not had any problems until this month... Just weird.

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    This has happend to me several times throughout this whole weight loss process. I think it's pretty normal. Your body gets out of wack. It's just trying to adjust to the change in lifestyle.
  • anderson8480
    Options
    I am not on the pill, but I noticed that once I start MFP it threw off my cycle quiet a bit...
  • Kamila02
    Kamila02 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Since we're talking about birth control...

I'm about to get married. I just got my first prescription for birth control this week. Yes, I'm 35 and have never used it before. So, since we're on this subject... I expect to gain weight, but I'm a little nervous about how MUCH weight I can expect to gain.

Can anyone tell me your experiences?

Thanks!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

I'm about to get married. I just got my first prescription for birth control this week. Yes, I'm 35 and have never used it before. So, since we're on this subject... I expect to gain weight, but I'm a little nervous about how MUCH weight I can expect to gain.

Thanks!

I've been on birth control for almost 10 years so I don't remember the effect it had on me. I had however heard several people say that it just makes them hungry. It wont actually make them gain weight. So if that's the case, just load up on fruits and veggies to curb your hunger.
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I don't take the Pill, but since starting the "lifestyle change" with diet and exercise, my period is light, less painful, etc. My friend, who is very fit, runs, goes to the gym 6 days a week, etc, is on the Pill and barely get a period at all. It's probably your body adjusting.
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    oops..
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options

Thanks!

I've been on birth control for almost 10 years so I don't remember the effect it had on me. I had however heard several people say that it just makes them hungry. It wont actually make them gain weight. So if that's the case, just load up on fruits and veggies to curb your hunger.

it just made me retain lots of water and feel hungry
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options

Thanks!
    I think it all depends on what pill your on and your body. I started ocella over a year ago and I never noticed any weight gain. I went on losing weight as I was trying.
  • summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Exercise and decreased calorie intake changes your period. Lots of times your cramps are not as intense since you're exercising. Since you are not pregnant, I wouldn't be concerned unless the spotting gets particularly heavy, and often in between the placebo pills.
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options

Thanks!

it just made me retain lots of water and feel hungry

If you can control your cravings then you'll be fine. I've been on the depot for 8 years.
  • Kamila02
    Kamila02 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm a little scared of the amount of hormone I'm about to put into my body... I don't like artificial sugar, THIS is a bit scary! Necessary, but scary.

Thanks for the info about the cravings, I will try to expect that and plan healthy snack foods. I just moved into maintenance from my weight loss. I only hope to tone now. So, perhaps this will help!

Thanks a lot guys! Blessings!