Fatigue? Is this a part of being over weight?

Options
Since having my children and gaining weight I felt more fatigued then ever. I have had my blood tested for everything in the book.... iron levels are fine, vitamins are fine, no deficiencies... I eat horribly and not frequently... sometimes I go until 6pm without food, just coffee.. and water.. I drink coffee in excess.. I know this is unhealthy but this is what I did before I had children and it worked.. I wasn't as sick... or fatigued. Now it is a daily battle. Always tired, never well rested, nausea, headaches... is this what any of you have experienced from poor health, bad food choices, lack of exercise? I just wanna know I am not alone...

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I decided to carry a 10 pound weight (the amount I lost since March) I noticed I was much more tired after my 1/2 mile walk. The extra weight takes a toll.
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    Following an illness I suffered similar symptoms, I also drank to much coffee all day and usually did not eat until the evening.
    Once I started eating three times a day things improved a bit, but now I can and do exercise regularly all the symptoms have gone even though I still drink too much coffee I've never felt better.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I've been very overweight since childhood and I have always had a TON of energy. I only once noticed a downturn in my energy and that was for about six months when I hit my all-time highest of over 300 lb. But really any time I've been around "my old normal" of 270-ish and smaller, I've been like the Energizer bunny.

I'm 36 and currently at 220 lb, 5'8" so still obese. Still very hyper, energetic constantly, etc.

Then again, I do not have children and I sleep a solid 8 hours every night of my life. I am sure that helps (?)

Maybe it DOES have to do with the not eating. I have always, always been obsessive about 3 meals a day especially breakfast. I know that some people can eat 1 meal a day and be just fine but I can't. I need that influx of calories/energy throughout the day in regular intervals.
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Sleep apnea maybe? Have you had a sleep study done?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    eat.
  • lovebig30
    lovebig30 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I would say its more the bad diet try fixing that and see if you have more energy. I know when I don't eat I feel drained all day that why I now try to eat something every few hours
  • MissFlab2Fab2014
    Options
    This is really helpful everyone thank you. I think it has a lot to do with sleep, caffeine intake, and poor diet.. it is just a habit I have always had, it is truly hard to break it...