Dairy-free protein powders

Options
2»

Replies

• itsfruitcake
    itsfruitcake Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has a chocolate hemp one that tastes like drinking a basket.

Yeah. I only tried a hemp based protein powder once (can't remember the brand name) and it was pretty bad, really didn't like the taste and it was a lovely brown...ugh. So I'd stay away from hemp protein.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Just look for a quality "isolate" whey. Most people I know can't handle dairy but can handle an isolate including me.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    MRM Veggie protien in Vanilla is pretty good and not really expensive. 22 grams of protein, per scoop and no artificial flavors or sweeteners ..(it is also gluten free, vegan and has no perservatitives) The chocolate veggie is really sweet... it may be better if you just add water instead of almond milk (I mix mine with almond milk) (I order mine from Amazon as the super supplements seems to run out of it quite often)

I have an allergy to dairy and soy (and I'm gluten sensative... yes, finding a good protein powder has been challenging) I find the vegan protein powders pack more protein per scoop and are easier on my tummy.

MRM veggie protein is a blend of Pea, brown rice hemp, flax seed, chia seed, and some other stuff (mostly organic)

Good luck
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I use Jay Robb's Egg White Protein powders.
  • BUMP
  • kimchi_and_sardines
    Options
    I use Jay Robb Egg White protein powder - have tried the vanilla and the chocolate, and they're both good.

I also buy it online from Pharmaca.com - they always have it reduced price and then a sitewide discount as well.

Another vote for Jay Robb's egg white protein powder - though I have found it pricey. I will have to look at the site you mention!

The other one I use is Source Naturals Pea Protein powder. A bit grainy, but since I blend my shakes with almond milk, ice, flax seeds, and sometimes nut butter or berries, I don't notice the texture as much (I've never tried just protein powder and water/milk!)