Husband given 2 years to live...

Options
My husband was very ill and put in the hospital. We were told weight was the reason and I could lose him within 2 years. I decided it was time to have a healty life style, not only for myself but my husband. I am 25 and HATE how I look. I want to be healty and live a long life, filled with good healthy food...not filled with sugars and carbs I do NOT need. I am looking for buddies and a place to when I needs support. Sometimes I don't feel so supportive on the other side of the computer shen it comes to my frinds and even family. I am looking forward to start this journey and meet new people.

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome.

PS change your ticker to BBCode and not HTML
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    If its okay, I am adding you. I'll help you in any way I can! Very sorry about your bad news. Its a good time to change. Best of luck to you both.
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that, but glad to have you here!! I wish great things for you and your husband and we are all here for you!!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your husband and am very happy that youhave gained strength through this experience to also better yourself. If you stick to loggining in here everyday entering your food and educating yourself you can defenitly become much, MUCH healthier. I know I have and because I have so have my husband and kids as well. I wish you the best of luck on your journey and welcome :flowerforyou:
  • bbblue92
    bbblue92 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear the news, hope you can keep each other motivated and use MFP and the support you can get here to accomplish your goals for both you and your husband. Welcome aboard, if you need a friend, feel free to add me too!
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    We will be watching your success story! All the best to you and your husband. Every ounce that he loses will get him more time! Bless you and your family and know that you are at the right place!:heart:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Howdy and welcome.
    Sorry to hear about the news, but for some people, they need the kick in the butt wake up call.

There is a lot of support on here from many people of all ages.

I think you should try and get your husband to logon here as well.
    Make yourself new habits and get rid of the old habits.
    - Parking the car farther and walking.
    - Going for walk in the evening.
    - Get rid of pop and fast food out of your daily "foods"

For more life changing motivation get him to look at before and after pictures. Read other's success stories.
    There's quite a few men that have done well on here .
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    I hated to hear that your husband's health issues stem from a poor diet. In most cases, a person suffering from diet related health issues can turn it around through a change in diet and physical activity like walking, taking the stairs, cleaning, gardening, parking farther away from buildings, and so on. I hope that you have a lot of strength and determination to win this battle because the road is never free of potholes--everything and everybody will try to throw you off your game.
  • HYeliab
    HYeliab Posts: 36
    Options
    First of all welcome. I have been here that long but I will say the people here are very supportive and enthusiastic. We often times forget about how our fitness can affect our quality of life. You made the right decision and commitment to yourself and husband. Good luck to both of you. I have been using the INSANITY home work out. While it is intense, you can see and feel measurable differences your body. Whatever you use, even if it as simple as walking more each day, do it. It will pay off! :happy:

Welcome to MFP!

- HB