Not at goal, but happy...

Options
So... never thought I'd be here but here it is.

I've lost 23 kg. Initially I wanted to lose 25. Then I changed it to 30. I'll probably keep on restricting at TDEE - 10-15% until I'm into goal range (25-30 lost). I'm technically not 'there' yet.

But I'm happy. I like my body. I see where toning would help, but I'm not in a hurry to drop the weight. I no longer feel like a work in progress, I feel like a complete person. I feel like I could be attractive to the opposite sex. I feel like I look good in clothes. I feel like I'm in control.

I'm not at goal, but I feel like I won <3

Can anyone share this feeling? I'm sure others can relate, or otherwise get something out of me sharing this :)

Replies

• astange83
    Options
    Awesome job! Doing it right not rushing it and being happy with yourself is the most important part of the weight loss journey! Wish I could say I'm not in a rush LOL! I can see a change in myself when I started 2 yrs ago the goal was 150 (finish weight), now that I'm almost there I know I'm not done yet and hope that its toning at 10 more pounds to make me happy!
  • Littlestandrews
    Littlestandrews Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Woot! Good for you! :happy:
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Thanks. :) Yeah, I did get something out of it. I look forward to feeling like you at some time in the future. :D
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Doing it right not rushing it and being happy with yourself is the most important part of the weight loss journey! Wish I could say I'm not in a rush LOL! I can see a change in myself when I started 2 yrs ago the goal was 150 (finish weight), now that I'm almost there I know I'm not done yet and hope that its toning at 10 more pounds to make me happy!

I was disappointed nearly the whole journey. It felt slow and annoying even though it wasn't that *difficult*. It has taken me 9 months and 23 kg to feel like I achieved anything but now that I get it I'm super stoked with where I'm at.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Great job and congratulations! I've been feeling the same way lately...I want to tighten up...but I feel so good, not sure if the extra work and attention to diet is worth it! I'm in better shape than in my 20s and not sure what more I would like to do!
  • trudijoy
    Options
    Great job and congratulations! I've been feeling the same way lately...I want to tighten up...but I feel so good, not sure if the extra work and attention to diet is worth it! I'm in better shape than in my 20s and not sure what more I would like to do!

Yep that's pretty much where I am. Scale fluctuations don't worry me, I can assess my body clinically and decide where I want to be a bit tauter, but not get too concerned over the details. Loving it :)
  • labtech666
    labtech666 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm in pretty the same place.
    Only 7 pounds to go until I reach my goal, but I'm really happy with what I've achieved so far and to be honest I don't mind at all if I don't lose any more. Still need to tone up the flabby bits, but that'll come.
  • symonspatrick
    symonspatrick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yes I feel the same way. I used to avoid mirrors but now I search them out because it makes me feel so good to see how I now look. I am starting to get used to the new me.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Goals can change. So maybe you really ARE at goal! Congratulations! :drinker:
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Aww... :bigsmile:

Yeah you did it. You won. xx
  • trudijoy
    Options
    Goals can change. So maybe you really ARE at goal! Congratulations! :drinker:

Maybe you're right! After all my main goal was to feel happy, confident and secure!
  • trudijoy
    Options
    Yes I feel the same way. I used to avoid mirrors but now I search them out because it makes me feel so good to see how I now look. I am starting to get used to the new me.

haha yeah me too. and it's selfie central on facebook :S
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Yes! That is exactly how I feel! I am 10lbs. away from my goal weight, but I am really happy with where I am at now. So now I really try to concentrate more on eating healthy and being fit.