Why am I bloated ALL the time

Options
Ever since my daughter was born 2 years ago my stomach has been very sensitive. I get bloated like never before and it's not even that time of the month. Ill wake up in the morning and I'm fine. But by 2 or 3 I'm unbuttoning pants and with uncomfortable pains. Can someone look at my diary and tell me I I'm doing something wrong? I need to cut out whatever it is that's causing it cuz I can't be like this anymore.

Replies

• angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Have you been tested for IBS? Or if you think it could be a food allergy, commonest ones are wheat or dairy.Try cutting out any food group you think you might not tolerate and see if symptoms subside.
  • KarenisPaleo
    KarenisPaleo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    "Quick add" calories could be anything, so it's hard to tell.

Have your doctor test you for lactose intolerance and gluten sensitivity.
  • She_Hulk
    Options
    Same exact thing with me! I took a HIDA test and found out my gallbladder is only functioning at 7%. Basically, everything I'm eating is "collecting" in there and not ejecting out like it should. Hence, the excessive bloating as the day goes on. It's painful and I'm seeing the surgeon on Monday to discuss when my surgery for gallbladder removal will be. Definitely talk with your doctor and see if you should have this test done. I'm so glad I did. Good luck!
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    In my case it was dairy and gluten. I had no idea I had sensitivities til I gave them up. I don't bloat anymore, don't get gas,etc.I gave those things up when I started eating Paleo. One day, I mistakenly had a piece of cheese in an omelette and wholly crap - I was bloated and felt like **** within an hour. I never really realized how much dairy & gluten affected me!

ETA: I just looked at your diary and noticed a lot of artificial sweeteners (diet and lowfat versions of food and beverages). That might be another culprit as well. I also stopped using artificial sweeteners most of the time, but when I do have them on occasion - I bloat immediately (and get gas).
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    For me it was fibroids on the uterus. My uterus is the size of someone's fist, and that actually takes up space in there and it actually hurts when pressure goes on it.

Given that this happened after childbirth I'd suspect it was something gynecological rather than dietary, or at least that's the first place I'd look. :)
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    *Bump* Same problem here...
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Look to see if any of the foods you are eating contain the ingredient carrageenan. It is a GI irritant. Why it is allowed in foods, I don't know! It's an extract of Irish moss, which is a natural food, but the type of process used to extract it makes it unnatural. Anyway, one bite of that stuff, and it takes my gut a week to regain normalcy...if you eat it here and there you might never be normal.

A great product to normalize the gut is drnatura.com their fiber and tea laxative are super gentle and soothing.

Hope you feel better!
  • nmtGurl
    nmtGurl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    "Quick add" calories could be anything, so it's hard to tell.

Have your doctor test you for lactose intolerance and gluten sensitivity.

^^ Agree with this, see your doctor. Since you are fine in the morning, it sounds dietary. I would also add other sugar intolerances (fructose, sorbitol, etc) along with lactose and gluten to be tested. There could also be the possibility of SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth), where fermentation of the sugars by the bacteria cause IBS type symptoms like bloating, intestinal pain, etc. Good luck, hope you feel better soon! I've been through it too and it stinks.
  • nobonbon
    nobonbon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was having issues on a previous weight-loss plan because I was eating low-carb sweets with Maltitol. I avoid it completely now.
    You should talk to your doctor regardless. All kinds of things can cause bloating. Good luck, I hope you find your solution soon.