My tweeked Jillian Michaels Brownie recipes

luly727
luly727 Posts: 202 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
I had to try these as chocolate would be nice every once in awhile.
So I tweeked the recipe a bit to keep with my current plan of low fat/low calories. Have a batch in the oven now and have 8 minutes left.

I didnt use 2/3 cups of the honey, used only 1/3 and 2 tbs more
did not use any olive oil at all
sub. the large egg for 1/4 cup eggbeater original

after entering the new changes, it comes out to 12 muffins (easier to monitor for me) 82 calories, 0 Fat, 1 Fiber

Will post how they taste when i try one and if anyone is interested will post entire recipe :)

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Let me know how they turn out, the original ones should be more of a cake than a brownie, but still good none the less
  • bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    These are yum! I ate them all though, lesson learned that I cant cook these anymore :-(
  • jrich1
    These are yum! I ate them all though, lesson learned that I cant cook these anymore :-(

my wife wont let me make them since the 2X2 square is never enough :)
  • luly727
    All done, got 12 muffins and they about 1/2 the size of a regular fat muffin. They arent bad, not real sweet, they have a cake consistancy, not like regular brownies. I used less homey than the recipe called for, but i can still taste that hint of honey in the muffin.
    Had one with 1/2 cup of skim milk for a snack..
    I think I will make these again, maybe a little more tweeking. Maybe adding a few chopped strawberries in the batter..but for 82 cal and ZERO fat, I can use these :)

My kitchen looks like the betty crocker test kitchen LOL..will have to use hubby as guinea pig for new recipes :):) He'll try anything!
  • jrich1
    All done, got 12 muffins and they about 1/2 the size of a regular fat muffin. They arent bad, not real sweet, they have a cake consistancy, not like regular brownies. I used less homey than the recipe called for, but i can still taste that hint of honey in the muffin.
    Had one with 1/2 cup of skim milk for a snack..
    I think I will make these again, maybe a little more tweeking. Maybe adding a few chopped strawberries in the batter..but for 82 cal and ZERO fat, I can use these :)

You know what they are really missing - CHOCOLATE CHIPS!! :ohwell:
  • luly727
    LOL, Yes, but NOOOOO cant add that LOL
  • jrich1
    LOL, Yes, but NOOOOO cant add that LOL

I like the idea about the muffins, since I never cut straight to get consistant size in a pan :bigsmile:
  • luly727
    Yea me too..the muffins are a perfect size and u have one and thats it..I used the muffin pan to make mini meatloaves too :) Learned that years ago at WW :)
  • bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    I used a cupcake pan when I did mine. I thought it would only keep my from eating one at a time... it didnt. lol
This discussion has been closed.