Any other intermediates doing insanity ?

amnaamir
amnaamir Posts: 5
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Getting married in 3 months!!! Need to lose about 40-50 pounds, and so I am starting insanity this upcoming Monday. Anyone else starting or already doing insanity please add me! Also, any tips

Replies

• FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Just an FYI, most people I know (myself included) don't lose much weight on insanity. Month 1 tends to be very little losses and then things pick up in month 2 with the shedding of inches/lbs. I'm sure you already know this, but 40-50 lbs in 3 months is not only an unrealistic goal, but extremely unhealthy. The main thing you need to focus on is caloric intake. You need to be eating at a deficit to lose weight regardless of if you do insanity. I would recommend setting your MFP goal to 2lbs per week and going from there.
  • Yeah I don't really want to lose weight at an unhealthy pace, in 3 months I would be happy with any weight loss really... but the total amount I need to lose is about 50 which I'd like to work on well in to next year! Thanks though...
  • mfinley001
    mfinley001 Posts: 4 Member
    I tried insanity and during the time I was actually doing insanity I did loose weight... Best wishes :)
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 494 Member
    I'm on week 3 of Insanity. I've lost about 4 lbs of the 10 I gained back after a 30 lb loss. It's pretty intense, and I modify and take breaks as needed, but I am loving it. Just know your limits as you start it out. Good luck and congrats!
  • bluevanity8
    bluevanity8 Posts: 4 Member
    I did Insanity and lost 25 pounds. I was monitoring my calories and eating between 1000-1200 a day. You can lose 40 pounds in 3 months. Here is what you do. You must workout twice a day. Do insanity as one workout and then do major cardio the second workout. Get on the treadmill at an incline of 7 at 3.5 MPH and stay on there for an hour. Gradually increase the incline each week. I did that and am not up to an incline of 11. You have to stay on that treadmill until you burn 1,000 calories. It works. It's hard, but you will see results.
  • mfinley001
    mfinley001 Posts: 4 Member
    Oh my bluevanity8, that is a bit much hats off to you that routine def would not work for me
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Track measurements. Insanity is intense, so it is common for weight loss to take a long time (or not happen at all) even though fat is being burned. When I did the program a few months ago, I actually gained a pound due to water retention, but lost 4" off my waist and saw drastic changes in body shape. If I hadn't been taking progress pictures and body measurements, I might not have realized I was losing since the scale wasn't showing it and gotten discouraged. Understand that you won't be able to keep up with the video. That's okay. The people in the videos have to take breathers from time to time and they're fitness professionals (spin instructors, beachbody coaches, marathoners, etc.). Just take a moment, catch your breath, then jump back in. Form is key. Bad form is the number one cause of injury on insanity. It is much better to do fewer reps with good form than to get more with bad form and risk injury. Good luck.
  • TheCalorieSMASHER
    TheCalorieSMASHER Posts: 162 Member
    I did Insanity and lost 25 pounds. I was monitoring my calories and eating between 1000-1200 a day. You can lose 40 pounds in 3 months. Here is what you do. You must workout twice a day. Do insanity as one workout and then do major cardio the second workout. Get on the treadmill at an incline of 7 at 3.5 MPH and stay on there for an hour. Gradually increase the incline each week. I did that and am not up to an incline of 11. You have to stay on that treadmill until you burn 1,000 calories. It works. It's hard, but you will see results.

^^ This isn't healthy. Please don't do this.
  • TheCalorieSMASHER
    TheCalorieSMASHER Posts: 162 Member
    And I tried Insanity but it made my knees too sore so I gave it up for running and lifting.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member

emma-stone-no-no-no-gif-xks5.gif

You can also lose a good 30 lbs pretty quickly by amputating a limp. It might be healthier.

Seriously, shoot for around 1 lb a week loss or TDEE-20%, you'll healthily lose 10-15 lbs in that 3 months, and keep it up afterwards. Your body will thank you. Sounds like you already have the idea though. Don't worry if your weight to go up a bit after starting a new workout routine due to water retention, that's pretty common and normal.
This discussion has been closed.