What to do with keys when running/walking/jogging?

Options

Replies

• jessoteric
    Options
    I lock my house keys in my car trunk, and then just tie my car key in to my shoe laces. :)
  • SummerNights32
    SummerNights32 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My 3 keys are on a key ring that I take off of my BIG keychain. I loop the key ring through my shoelaces and tie my shoes, then weave the keys in and out of my laces so they don't flop around.

This is exactly what I do. I have tried other ways, but this works best.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I listen to my phone when I go walking, so that's in my hand, but I'm worried about my keys. I walk at a local park, and right now I just take my car key off my keyring and slide it in the back of my rubber case for my phone, but I'm worried about it slipping out. I don't have exercise clothes with pockets, and when I put things in pockets while running, they just make my pants fall down. Any ideas?

Chuck it in your bra. You won't even feel it, it won't travel, but you have to hide that glamourous moment when you fish it out again. :D

Since I don't drive, I have my extra key on a black shoe string. I chuck that sucker in my bra top and when I get back home I don't have to look for it, its on the shoe string.
  • harinkie
    Options
    Running shoe wallet, put it on your shoes and away you go.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/running-shoe-wallet

I second this - you don't even feel it :bigsmile:

it029168.jpg?130313

Oh! That is where it's supposed to go... I won one of them once and thought I had to attach it to my waistband.
    I feel really silly now. Did the trick too btw.:embarassed: :embarassed:
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I wear compression capris to run in and they have a small pocked in the waistband for my keys. I just take my key fob off the ring and put that in my pocket. I tie my dog's poop bags to his collar. Then my hands are free.
  • l0l0p
    l0l0p Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    In the past.....I either hold it on my palm while I run or Put it in a Hp pouch and hold it while I run.....>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Now I hook it on a Hp strap which i wear over my neck when I run :drinker:

Hp: Handphone :wink:
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Love my SPI Belt. It's like 20 bucks on Amazon and doesn't move an inch when I wear it.

That is what I have and I got it when this question was asked a few months ago. I love it! I don't like to leave a purse in the car either so I put my driver's license, insurance card, some money, and my cell phone along with my keys in it. It stays in place and I forget its there....
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I just take the key I need off the keyring and tie it up in my shoes. My i.d goes in my bra and I hold my phone.
  • bunnybutler29
    Options
    My bra works for me when I don't have any pockets. I usually ride my bike so I really don't have the option to carry things. DO NOT put them in the wheel well of your vehicle. I have seen so many people on my trail do that. They think nobody is watching, but I can see them do it anyways. Car thieves would have a field day.
  • mrsmcf
    mrsmcf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have a lanyard that goes around my neck. I put the key on there and stuff it on the inside of my shirt so it won't flop around.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I have a hook so I can secure them to a belt loop, but I hate the feel and sound of my keys jangling around...how about a wrist wallet?

UJ9fglY.jpg
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    My running pants/capris have a little stretchy pocket inside the front of the waistband. Perfect size for a key, a small cell phone, etc. I bought them at Sport Chek.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I safety pin a spare car key inside the waistband of my shorts and lock the rest of the keys in the car.
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I just put the solo key in my bra. But I check often to make sure it's still there. A friend of mine will hang it in a random tree nearby, behind her tire, or in the woods where she can still find it. A lot of my workout pants have tiny pockets that can hold a solo key.
  • xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I don't need keys for my door since it has a keypad but soon I'll be moving & the tips will be helpful... Thx u!
  • S3r3knitty
    S3r3knitty Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    II take the one key from my car off the chain, untie my shoes, loop it through, tuck it down, then tie my shoes. Problem solved. I don't notice it there at all, but I have big feet. I absolutely hate to run with anything on my body or carry any thing.
    I loop my key through the string at the waistband of my trousers but this sounds like an idea too.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have a keyfob that serves as an ignition key. I have a smaller ring that it is threaded through the top and I use a big safety pin to pin it to the inside of my bra. It iwll do until It's cold enough to wear clothes with pockets.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I don't need keys for my door since it has a keypad but soon I'll be moving & the tips will be helpful... Thx u!

What door are you talking about-your house key? When I started running earlier in the year, I just took my car key off of the key chain. So, the house keys are on a chain, and the car key is loose. When I go running, I insert it in my bra, or if I'm wearing the pants that have a secure pocket, I'll put it there.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I don't know maybe I am just weird but I put mine in my shorts pocket........ :noway:

:laugh: Yeah, I don't know what the big deal is. Someone suggested getting another car key made. Why??? Are we that lazy that we can't take the key off of the chain when we run, and then put it back on? You'd rather just buy another key and leave it off of the chain? But, you leave that key in the glove box throughout the day, but when you're running, you hide your house keys under the seat? I don't get it. And, if you're worried that someone's going to steal your house keys if you leave them in your car, then you need to find a better place to run.