I thought bra shopping would get easier not harder....

mrsw510
mrsw510 Posts: 169
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I went from a 38D to a 36DD...grrr. This is the worlds most impossible size to find, all the DD seem to be 38 or larger. The ones I did find in my size were super $$$$$$$.

Vent over

Replies

• danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Haha yup, that's been my size for a few years now. Gap and Victoria's Secret are pretty much the only places I buy bras (yea they are more expensive...) Shopping online helps too, there's more selection than any individual store might carry.
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    I feel your pain. I am a 34 DDD and only buy bras at Dillards, but have found them online for a good deal at http://www.barenecessities.com/ (if I remember right). VS doesn't carry my size!!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Let's face it, bra shopping just plain blows. There are no two ways about it.
    I used to work at VS and it still sucked. Doesn't matter if you can find your size or not. The dressing rooms are almost always smelly and hot, no store will have "the perfect" bra in the exact color you need, well they might have one but it will be bright flaming orange and you need beige, etc. etc. etc.

VS is a good one to hit up for the 36DDD's..shop their online store too.

Target has them sometimes too, but let me tell ya...you can buy those $15 bras and hang dry them and take as perfect care of them as you can, but they will NOT last like VS bra does.

Also Macy's has them too. I was just there the other day and saw them. But again, they are going to cost you.

Have you tried Fredericks? They carry lots of larger bra sizes. Quite large actually.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    I feel your pain too! :grumble:

I buy minimizers from JC Penney...
    Lilyette® Embroidered Minimizer
    manufacturer's style #427

They regularly have them on sale for buy one, get one half off.. or something like that.
  • I've got DD's here as well, and just found out that VS stopped carrying them in store. Which now means I can't try it on, so who knows if it's even going to fit (different styles don't fit me right). I about cried when I found out and have yet to figure out what I'm going to do.
  • fxdl2k2
    fxdl2k2 Posts: 250 Member
    In general, add a band size to drop a cup size. This often works for me if I can't find the right cup size, I can go to a larger band and smaller cup, i.e. 36D or 38C.

This may not work for everyone, but is worth a try.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    If you guys have to order online and are larger chested, the "balconet" style bras are always really good choices for you. They have great support and give you a "peaches on a platter look"...yes this is shtick from VS when I worked there, but I am a 38DD and that is all I wear. They are great, look great and put the girls where they need to be.

http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265245448028&c=Page&cid=1265248199976&collAssetType=LBIProductSet&pagename=vsdWrapper

http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265246468638&c=Page&cid=1265251445411&collAssetType=LBIProductSet&pagename=vsdWrapper

Something like that where the underwire comes up in the middle a good inch and a half plus.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Try Lane Bryant Cacique bras they go from 36D to 46DDD. I love their convertable bras.
  • Maybe try an Enell bra. They are a bit more expensive, but worth it! Plus they last a long time and keep their support when cared for properly. They have a full range of sizes for larger breasted gals and they are even on sale here: www.onesweetone.com
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    a few years back I ordered $400 worth of bras from jms.com, because I can never find any in my size...but they had tons and they were actually cute. So I kinda went a bit overboard...but I'm still glad I did. and omg do I love the soft nighttime bras. lol :D
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    ooops, basically reposted what I posted before! Arrrggg, the pain of odd bra sizes!
  • My mom kept telling me I needed a bra that fit (I was comfy in mine) so she took me to Knols and got me some wireless bras that were a 40 DD (I hate the fact that I can only find bra's that look like the ones my Grandma wore and not the cute VS ones my friends wear). They were kinda tight before I started to work out and after measuring my bust the other day I'm now down to a 38 and my cups are still getting looser! Bra's in general are a pain in the behind! You can get lots of super cute ones if your anything below a 36C but above that and were talking the "support" department and I've YET to find any thing cute in that area. GRRRRRRR
  • For some reason it double posted roflmao
This discussion has been closed.