100 pounds to lose and desperately need support

Options
Hi

I am new to MFP. I have 100 pounds to lose and I am all alone. I need friends and support. My husband tries to be supportive but he is trim, hot and sexy and really doesn't know how to help. He roots for me and supports me, but I really need a buddy who can help keep me motivated and focused. Someone who can take this journey with me. My focus is eating clean but still keeping an eye on my calories. I have given myself one year to lose the weight, but honestly 100 pounds is overwhelming. I can only focus on 20 pounds at a time. I am down 11 as of today. Can anyone be my friend?:happy:

Replies

• bergamese
    bergamese Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue with my BF -- he is 52 years old and still at his high school weight, with a totally ripped body. Sigh. He's supportive and never nags me, but he doesn't "get it."

Welcome!
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I look forward to taking the journey with you. THanks for the reply..
  • souffle86
    Options
    my little bit of advice is know that some weeks are not going to be easy. You will have bad workouts it's ok! At least you did your workout! Know that it's not going to come off fast. Best of luck! You got this!
  • judyvanston
    Options
    Good Luck - Congrats on your weight loss so far. I also have a similar journey to you. I have lost 9kg (about 18 1/2 pounds)so far and have around 38kg (83lbs) to go. We will be each other cheer leaders!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Started with a 101 pound goal in April. Slowly I'm chipping away. Work on smaller goals. Focus on lifestyle changes and be patient, it takes time to lose that much in a healthy, life sustaining way.

You can do it!
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I would be happy to support and encorage you on your way to 100 pounds thinner. If you look at all the before and after pictures here, you know it's possible. You can do this! Friend me if you'd like.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    I've sent you a friend request. 105lbs lost (70 this year so far), 65lbs to go. It's possible!
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    My Woof lost 60 pounds to join the Army and left me in the rather squishy dust. I've been trying to catch/ overtake him since September, but I'm mostly just glad I finally weigh less than him again.

Oh, and don't focus too hard on the scale. Focus on how much better you feel day to day. The scale can lie but feeling like you can take on the world is spectacular.
  • meech2sandy
    Options
    Add me-You definitely have my support!!! And I completely understand, my husband is tall, muscular, and handsome. Never a weight issue ever. Me-5 kids later, and 55 pounds to lose! We can do it!
  • sjfugatt1
    sjfugatt1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation with 100+ pounds to lose. We can encourage each other! I sent you a friend request. :smile:
  • barrelracerkmae
    Options
    You definitely have my support! Its tough, but its always a goal that's within reach. :)
    98777 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You're very honest. I like that. We can be friends if you want. I'm struggling, too.
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    seeing how i just deleted 2/3 of my firends becasue they wuit loggingill gla i need all tupport i can get i dont ahve anyonewho will support me at the hosue except my daughter but she lioves accross town with her husband and daughter
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am new to MFP. I have 100 pounds to lose and I am all alone. I need friends and support. My husband tries to be supportive but he is trim, hot and sexy and really doesn't know how to help. He roots for me and supports me, but I really need a buddy who can help keep me motivated and focused. Someone who can take this journey with me. My focus is eating clean but still keeping an eye on my calories. I have given myself one year to lose the weight, but honestly 100 pounds is overwhelming. I can only focus on 20 pounds at a time. I am down 11 as of today. Can anyone be my friend?:happy:

I will be your fwend! :D

I have 70 or something lb to lose (I count in kgs)

I'm totally focussed on counting calories and not eating junk, but I don't really know anything about this 'eating clean' thing so it will be fun to find out. :)
  • slim4wedding2410
    Options
    Hello there, I had 115lb to lose to get to my goal and now 45lb into it, still got a long way to go but almost halfway there.

My best advice is to be kind to yourself, if you have a blip then forgive yourself and move on to the next day instead of beating yourself up about it. I have a planned "naughty" once a fortnight which is normally a takeaway with family, but I make sure it's within my calories for the day and accept that I may have a small gain the next day thanks to the salt (water weight).

Other tip is to keep activitylittle and often, although I do work out I have lost most of my weight through lots of walking, I walk almost everywhere, I also dance around when I am cleaning and play dance on broadway with my children.. exercise doesn't have to be in the gym or wearing running shoes and when you have so much weight to lose you burn quite a lot of calories walking at a decent pace.

Feel free to add me as a friend and I wish you luck in your journey xx
  • angeleyes6480
    Options
    I sent you a friend request...i also have 75-100 lbs to lose and will need help also so anyone feel free to add me too :)
  • cushtush
    cushtush Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    sure... good luck... I can would like to help you... I have 50 lbs I need to lose... lets do it together
  • zagon_the_ultimate
    Options
    looks down at his weight ticker....i know exactly where you're coming from. ill be your friend!!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to send me a friend request! I look forward to us supporting each other on a journey to get healthier. MFP does work if you work it!
  • onlygirlof5
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 11 pounds!! You are off to great start!! I, too, am needing to lose 100 pounds and need support!