cholesterol is defeated

Hi just a quick post, i hope..... i wasnt going to post a topic on it, but to hell with it. one im pretty damn happy.. and two i might give others encouragement :flowerforyou:

so it all started 3 months ago, i got news from my doctor that my cholesterol was high, and i'd have to do something about it OR be on medication...

no thanks..:noway:

so this 30 year old non exercising woman... became an a little obsessed with eating the right food

what i did was start logging in mfp, i cut out all/most of the saturated fats that i could, drank low/no fat milk, cut out butter. avoided cream and other animal fats, ate more chicken and fish( salmon), avocardo ..used only olive oil, and changed to wholemeal bread and pasta..

a month in i also found eat more 2 weigh less, so i wasnt starving as i was for one month eatting 1200 :sick: ... then also started a weight lifting program strong lifts and i love it :bigsmile:

3 months later!!! test results from yesterday and i managed to do it :D
no tablets for me... yay!!! :drinker:

my bad cholesterol LDL 4.36 to 3.22
total cholesterol 6.3 to 5.2

so now i am this 30 year old woman who makes better food choices, and :heart: doing strong lifts

SO thank you, cholesterol for making me change my life... but there is no room for you here, its not you its me... we've just grown apart... and i think you should move out...

:laugh:

Replies

• ohhh and i also used to eat KFC at least once a week... at least!!!!! now i have not touched KFC macca's or hungry jacks for the whole 3 months not even once!!!!!!!!! would you believe i have to drive past them every day too :laugh:
  • btw.. thanks for reading
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Congrats :drinker:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Congrats...my bad blood work is what also got me moving. A year later and everything is right on...it's a good feeling.
  • its fantastic!!! in one hand i'm happy that i had high cholesterol, as i wouldnt have done anything about my health before it came along!!!! i'm happy i was able to lower it... but this wave i was riding because of it....well i'm not getting off it, cholesterol has made me want to change my life, and i have...
    more changes to come
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    That's my story, too! In April my bloodwork was screwy, and Doc wanted to put me on cholesterol meds. I, too, was 30. I said " no frickin way!". Complete eye opening, lifestyle changing event. I was 301 in December, now I am 235. And all my bloodwork is normal! Take THAT! cholesterol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • That's my story, too! In April my bloodwork was screwy, and Doc wanted to put me on cholesterol meds. I, too, was 30. I said " no frickin way!". Complete eye opening, lifestyle changing event. I was 301 in December, now I am 235. And all my bloodwork is normal! Take THAT! cholesterol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well done hun... i think for me i really needed a wakeup call.. not that i was that bad, or unhappy with my self... health wise or physically wise... but its given me a push in the right direction... now these things are habbit and i enjoy them!!! i would never have thought i'd be in the free weights room squating 55kgs, or benching 40kgs :D now its a lifestyle :)
  • btw, thank for taking the time to comment guys :drinker:
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,762 Member
    That's my story, too! In April my bloodwork was screwy, and Doc wanted to put me on cholesterol meds. I, too, was 30. I said " no frickin way!". Complete eye opening, lifestyle changing event. I was 301 in December, now I am 235. And all my bloodwork is normal! Take THAT! cholesterol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well done hun... i think for me i really needed a wakeup call.. not that i was that bad, or unhappy with my self... health wise or physically wise... but its given me a push in the right direction... now these things are habbit and i enjoy them!!! i would never have thought i'd be in the free weights room squating 55kgs, or benching 40kgs :D now its a lifestyle :)

Congrats to both of you for doing what it takes!!!

You are so lucky to make these changes at 30, so you are on the right path early in life.
  • Thank you... its something that I have checked every now and then as my father has it and diabetes and high blood pressure. ... and I was feeling dizzy... I went to the doctors.. and ask for those things to be checked... im glad I did. .. I had time to change it.. and it changed me :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!