B-12 Shots

Options
I have a question...has anyone heard of taking B-12 shots to lose weight? I've been reading some information about this but wanted to know if anyone has done this and actually lost weight.

Replies

• Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I used to be a pharmacy tech and I have only heard of taking it for severe defecency. I would ask your dr. since they are rx only (at least in MO). It could be dangerous.
  • mindy2707
    mindy2707 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Iam currently taking b-12 shots. I don't believe that they cause weight loss but they do give you more energy and overall make you feel better. I also believe with the extra energy and wellbeing I feel more like exercising and that makes me feel more like watching my diet. So in my own opion they are worth trying.:happy:
  • mynameainttracy
    mynameainttracy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did them once a week for about 4 months. It was part of a weight loss plan supervised by a doctor. After a few shots I couldn't tell much of a difference. I did lose 32 pounds on that diet, but it was so restrictive I don't think I would do it again.
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    i have only ever gotten B-12 shots when I've been super sick or dehydrated or weak after being really sick... I wouldn't suggest taking them all the time as a plan to lose weight. It just helps boost your energy and helps increase vitamin b levels..
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My daughter has to take them due to system defencies as a result of autism. I recently switched her to Methy MB12 spray, which is working just as well and not as painful for her. I'm not sure that I would take it to lose weight, but if you are interested in trying it, perhaps the spray would be better to try than injections? If you're interested, message me and I'll give ya the website to order it.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    It doesn't do anything unless you are actually deficient. The excess is excreted by urine.

So if you have your doctor check your b12 and its normal, getting a shot just makes for expensive pee.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    So if you have your doctor check your b12 and its normal, getting a shot just makes for expensive pee.

Agreed! And totally laughing my *ss off!!! :laugh:
  • krex
    krex Posts: 29
    Options
    I had heard that and was just wondering if that was really true...I wasn't planning on taking the shots just wanted to know if anyone had taken them for weighloss. Thanks a bunch!
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I used to take a Super B Complex and it did help with energy!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    IF you want to try B-12, you can do it without a shot. Sublingual B-12 is available at your pharmacy. The Spring Valley line has it, at Walmart, and Natures Bounty, available at Walgreen's also has a subl. B-12. The tablets have a pleasant flavor and dissolve quickly under your tongue. I find they do help with energy. BTW, the same company makes the tabs sold under both brands, so they are exactly the same.
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    IF you want to try B-12, you can do it without a shot. Sublingual B-12 is available at your pharmacy. The Spring Valley line has it, at Walmart, and Natures Bounty, available at Walgreen's also has a subl. B-12. The tablets have a pleasant flavor and dissolve quickly under your tongue. I find they do help with energy. BTW, the same company makes the tabs sold under both brands, so they are exactly the same.
    I have been looking for the sublingual version, thanks for this info!