The Pounds Won't Come Off... I DON'T CARE!

Options
13»

Replies

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the scale. In a certain respect, it really does matter unless we're competition body builders.

You are doing a great job and remember that this is not a race. You have many years ahead of you. It took me one year to lose 12 lbs. Yeah, I'm a turtle but the slower you take it off, the more it'll stick.

Those permanent dietary changes matter over time. We didn't gain this weight in a short period of time and we won't lose it that way either.

This
  • meeeshellllle
    meeeshellllle Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • bmskid
    bmskid Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yay your boobs stick out further than your tummy now! That was a super exciting point for me. Great job and a great perspective. You look great!
  • enchanted_daydream
    Options
    Excellent progress!! Keep it up and ignore the scale :)
  • amariecruz89
    amariecruz89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Great job! What do your meals/workouts look like?
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the scale. In a certain respect, it really does matter unless we're competition body builders.

You are doing a great job and remember that this is not a race. You have many years ahead of you. It took me one year to lose 12 lbs. Yeah, I'm a turtle but the slower you take it off, the more it'll stick.

Those permanent dietary changes matter over time. We didn't gain this weight in a short period of time and we won't lose it that way either.

I never thought about my weight loss as a race. I was tired of being overweight - OBESE, and I wanted the weight off ASAP. I busted my butt and got most of what I wanted off. I'll be damned if I stop now, I will keep busting my butt to keep it off, and keep improving my fitness ability. :smile:
  • sandi117
    Options
    Great job! What do your meals/workouts look like?

My meals are far from perfect. I still eat salty, greasy, fried, sugary foods, I still go drink with my friends. I'm sure if my diet were absolutely perfect I would have lost those last 15lbs and be a lean monster. But, I want to have my cake and eat it too. I just keep it moderation and watch my calories. I choose grilled chicken over fried chicken, I'll get water instead of soda, if I get Starbucks I get a Tall instead of a Venti like I used to and ask for skim milk, get a Cantina bowl instead of two Chalupas and a taco at Taco Bell. My diet is MUCH cleaner than it used to be and I'm still working towards making it even more healthy. However, I'm doing that as a slow change so it will be easier to keep up in the long run.

I bust my butt at the gym 5-6 nights a week (Saturdays are my rest days, and now I've been taking some Wednesdays off because they are my longest days at work and I'm moving on my feet for nearly 8 hours.) I do 30 minutes cardio at the gym (running, elliptical, stairmaster, arc trainer, what have you), and then at least 30 minutes using the weight machines. I want to start free weights, but I need to find a gym buddy who knows what they're doing and can watch my form because the last thing I want to do is get hurt and set myself back.
  • amariecruz89
    amariecruz89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know what you mean about being okay with losing it slowly to help keep it off. You've had a great transformation since January. I began in January also. I started at 220 and now bounce between 200-205. It's quite frustrating. I am also taking measurements to keep track. I love food also, but I have been eating a lot healthier. I just started a job where I am on my feet all day also, so I haven't been "working out" the past month. I need to start that up again. Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see that change in myself!
  • deenaspell
    deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Awesome! The scale is only one tool in weight loss. A positive attitude is another. :-)
  • sandi117
    Options
    Yeah, I know what you mean about being okay with losing it slowly to help keep it off. You've had a great transformation since January. I began in January also. I started at 220 and now bounce between 200-205. It's quite frustrating. I am also taking measurements to keep track. I love food also, but I have been eating a lot healthier. I just started a job where I am on my feet all day also, so I haven't been "working out" the past month. I need to start that up again. Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see that change in myself!

You'll get there, just keep moving! I think my first plateau was about 185, then I finally started moving again, now I'm at another plateau, at least weight-wise. I just try to keep measurements in mind when that happens, especially now.
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    155lbs. was my original goal, but now I'm just focusing on toning. Now, I weigh myself to ensure I'm not gaining unnecessarily rather than to track loss.

That's a healthy attitude but i am sure you can hit 155. Try changing something in your routine and remember to adjust TDEE as you lose weight. You look terrific. I am sure you feel awesome too!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!