help!

courtneysmith3212
courtneysmith3212 Posts: 97
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
I am STARVING!! I don't want to eat my excersise calories but I am so hungry right now.. I just had two pieces of toast.. to see if that would fill me up.. but its not really working.. and all I can think of is going to get something REALLY good.. what do I do?? help me! and I have to eat cause I am nursing!!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    Why don't you want to eat your exercise calories? Even if you eat them you are still in a caloric deficit based on your weekly loss goal. If you choose to loose 1 pound per week you have a deficit of 500/day without exercise. To keep your deficit at 500 you should eat your exercise calories or at least most of them, or your deficit will be larger than you set out in your goal.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    If your hungry your body is telling you something, why not eat some of your exercise calories, seems better than starving yourself
  • if you are nursing you need to eat. Go grab an apple or some carrots.
  • I understand the hunger when you are nursing! Try to find something more filling - protein/fiber, or snack on some low calorie veggies. Also make sure you are drinking a ton of water. Sometimes that is why you feel hungry when you are nursing. Good luck!
  • Thanks everyone.. I just thought if I didn't eat my excersise calories then I would lose more or quicker?? Isn't that true? I mean I know I can't starve my body especially if I am nursing.. but I want to lose weight... ?
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Thanks everyone.. I just thought if I didn't eat my excersise calories then I would lose more or quicker?? Isn't that true? I mean I know I can't starve my body especially if I am nursing.. but I want to lose weight... ?

I find I lose more weight eating closer to my cal goal, that way I can ensure my body is getting nourishment and I am still running a deficit
  • sngnyrslp
    sngnyrslp Posts: 315 Member
    Thanks everyone.. I just thought if I didn't eat my excersise calories then I would lose more or quicker?? Isn't that true? I mean I know I can't starve my body especially if I am nursing.. but I want to lose weight... ?

That's always what I thought too, but from reading these message boards I've realized it's not the case. If you starve your body, your metabolism will slow and your body will hang tightly to whatever fat and calories it can get because it's not getting what it needs to survive.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Remember it isn't just your body you are feeding, the baby is getting a good portion of your nutritional input also. Maybe google a balanced diet for mom and baby or better yet check with your OB.
This discussion has been closed.