Broke 4 bones--what now??

Options
I recently broke 4 bones in a freak bicycling accident (really not a very interesting story, just random). Now the amount of physical activity I can do is severely limited because I can't move my arms or hands or do any "jarring" activity--my elbows and wrists are broken so I've got limited motion, doctor's instructions to take a break from high impact exercise, and pain. My weight loss now primarily depends on eating a lot less than what I'm used to with less "wiggle room" for bad calorie days.

I'm trying to stay on track, but it's difficult to continue losing weight at the pace I was used to without the calories burned from intense exercise. I'm not necessarily looking for advice (though that's welcomed too)--mostly just looking for support. Worried about gaining weight while recovering and would like to build a community on here that can give support and encouragement and help keep my on track. I'd love to do the same for you!

Add me as a friend if you want some support! I'm a youngin' at 20 years old, I'm on almost everyday, and would love to get some motivation from other ppl who are also working hard to reach their goals :)

Replies

• JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Just sit it out, You don't want to slow down the healing process or you will be out for even longer.

Just adjust your calories for the non active lifestyle you will be having for a while but if you can maybe just walk.
  • whatevany
    whatevany Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Focus on diet while you are recovering. I lost most of my weight without exercise.