Hey

sebmsu
sebmsu Posts: 26
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
I am a 26 year old from Tennessee who fell in love 16 months ago and packed on 30 pounds. I want to learn how to live the healthy lifestyle for good. I have been gaining and loosing weight since high school and I wonder when I'll ever get it right. I started going to the gym 5 times a week but I can't seem to make good food choices. I crave sweets daily. Any advice?

Replies

• sebmsu
    I am a 26 year old from Tennessee who fell in love 16 months ago and packed on 30 pounds. I want to learn how to live the healthy lifestyle for good. I have been gaining and loosing weight since high school and I wonder when I'll ever get it right. I started going to the gym 5 times a week but I can't seem to make good food choices. I crave sweets daily. Any advice?
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,646 Member
    Welcome!

Please read, read, read! There is so much great information on this site to help you!

This is your new mantra - "the first time I put sugar in my body, it craves it for the rest of the day". be careful what you eat for breakfast. try and protein and a starch combo for best results.

Good Luck!
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    welcome!

you'll love it here!:flowerforyou:
  • sebmsu
    You just read all these community posts for the info?
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member

Hello from Tennessee, right back at ya from Tennessee. I got married the first time 15 years and packed on over 100 lbs.
    Great divorce, remarried and lost 142 lbs. Now I have gained 80 back.
    Was 238 May 2007, 200 in Dec 2007, 213 now and finally loosing.....
    I know what you are going through. This is a great site!!!!!!!!!
  • elliott062907

Advise??

Veggies, lean whole meats and foods, fruit and lots of movement!!!!!!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,646 Member
    You just read all these community posts for the info?

Yup. Just start reading topics that look interesting to you and go from there. Sometimes I just pick the message board I am in the mood for - like Food and Nutrition and just start reading...

Everytime I read a new post, i learn something! Like freezing pineapple chunks for a quick snack!
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    you went thru one change around 18, and you are at the age of the 2nd one. Be paitent and create your new habbits and lifestyle changes, and the rest will fall into place.
  • elliott062907

Where in tennesse are you??
    I am in Seymour, TN
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Welcome and best of luck to you!!!
This discussion has been closed.