Double whammy NSV

Options
What an awesome day!! So it is just the beginning of spring here, and a rather hot day. To get my exercise in today I thought I would try swimming. Lets just get one thing straight. I started this journey 4 weeks ago weighing 125.8kg (277lbs) My body does not swim. Last summer I took my kids to the pool and put on my board shorts. Way too tight and uncomfortable. Avoided the pool and beach ever since.
I weighed in yesterday having lost 7.4kg (16lbs) and so, back to swimming today. Major NSV. Put my shorts on and they nearly fell off again!!!! Had to tie up the drawstring really tight just to keep them up. So tats NSV number one. On to number two. I managed to swim 10 laps of the pool!! I have never swam 10 laps before. Admittedly I had about a 30 second break in between,,, but I did it.

So tell me your NSV for the day... go!!!

Replies

• rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    No NSV for me yet today but yours was fantastic! Keep up the great work and before you know it, every smaller pair of shorts you try on will fall off the same way. You can do it!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    New notch on the belt! :flowerforyou:

ETA: Great job to you! Awesome feeling isn't it?
  • diadia1
    diadia1 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    awesome news. Sometimes feeling less tight in our clothes is actually better than the number on the scale. Because we know for sure that it works.

Nice job. Keep it up. You are doing a GREAT job.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    That is fabulous! Your weight loss is looking good too! Keep it up.
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I had two yesterday.

I was walking around work and had to put something (which is quite heavy) in my back pocket - almost lost my pants! I had to tighten up a belt hole and it wasn't uncomfortable!

I also have re-started the Couch to 5k which I had to quit last year (back injury) and it wasn't horrible! I could still breathe at the end without too much trouble. It was quite exhilirating!
  • scunningham2012
    scunningham2012 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My NSV was being able to get on an elliptical and my thighs didn't rub together! My second one would be that I can jog (in spurts...doing C25K) half on my complex once around (it's about half a mile all the way around so a quarter mile each time I go around) when about two months ago I could barely jog from my door to the garbage bin at the corner of street.

But yours is fantastic! :-D Keep it up!
  • janzia
    janzia Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your NSV! I love having those. I had one this morning...I went to the gas station, where I'm pretty much a regular cause I'm addicted to diet coke, and the cashier said "You have gotten so small". Now I wouldn't say I'm small but it felt good to have someone outside my usual circle notice I've lost weight.
  • julysbaby
    julysbaby Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!!! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!